Do we REALLY know each other?
I challenge other Stroke Network bloggers to make a list on their blog of 100 things we do not know about you!
1. I had a rare type of Brain Stem stroke on the Pons. It caused quadriplegia and loss of speech. My stroke happened in France while I was on a business trip. This occurred over 20 years ago in 1994.
2. I founded the very first on-line stroke support group on the Internet in 1996. This group became known as The Stroke Network in 2001.
3. When I was little I used to collect bottles for refunds so I could buy a Slurpy.
4. I had a paper route when I was a kid.
5. I was an Alter Boy when I was in 4th grade.
6. I am good at math.
7. I have a good sense of humor.
8. I do not like controlling women.
9. Bossy women turn me off.
10. When I was little, I was sitting at dinner with my whole family one night when I decided to tease my little sister. I put a single pea in her glass of milk when she wasn't looking. When she finished drinking her milk she found the pea and started crying.
11. I used to throw rocks, when I was a kid, at cars and then run. I never got caught.
12. I am a good swimmer, good water and snow skier and good at most sports.
13. I have always been athletic.
14. I never did hard drugs.
15. I smoked pot in high school.
16. I was never a bully nor was I ever picked on.
17. I had hair over my shoulders in high school.
18. I joined the Army at 18.
19. I love organization, structure and discipline.
20. I never had KP the whole time I was in the Army.
21. I started dating my wife at 16.
22. We got married when I was still 19, she was 20.
23. I have never been overweight by more than 10 lbs.
24. I have 4 grandchildren.
25. Everyone in my immediate family has green in their eyes.
26. I have an AA degree in Engineering Technology and a BS degree in Management.
27. I have the GI Bill. The government discontinued this benefit 2 weeks after I joined the service.
28. I was a draftsman for the first several years after discharge from the service.
29. After my draftsman job, I worked in a lab.
30. I love watching football.
31. I only watch baseball if my team is winning.
32. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. I am in the middle.
33. I am a workaholic.
34. I wished I lived in Key West.
35. My second choice is Hawaii.
36. I love the beach and the ocean.
37. I love thunderstorms.
38. I prefer to work with women.
39. I hate gossip.
40. I am a loyal friend.
41. I do not lie.
42. I live a very moral and boring life. I am proud of this!
43. My ancestor was Myles Standish from the Mayflower. It is documented and I have a flow chart of my lineage on my personal web site.
44. I have had Type II diabetes since 2008.
45. I have an ancestor who fought in the American Revolution and one who fought in the Civil War.
46. My personal website is at http://www.stevemallory.org/
47. I love to watch movies about war.
48. I know a lot about WWII.
49. I hate chick flix.
50. I used to read every Tom Clancy and John Grisham book.
51. I have traveled to several countries. The USA is the best place in the world.
52. I have been to Monte Carlo.
53. I have been to topless beaches on the French Riviera.
54. I have had Central Pain Syndrome (CPS) since 1998.
55. I used to beat up my little brother.
56. I taught my daughters bathroom noises. They still make them. My wife is really mad about that.
57. I used to take my daughters out to dinner every Friday night.
58. I have bugged out early from work to play golf.
59. I have been to Korea several times.
60. I give everyone nicknames.
61. I used to flirt a lot.
62. I love southern accents and southern manners on women.
63. I am a butt man.
64. I wear fitted boxers.
65. I do not smoke.
66. I do not drink except socially.
67. I like to work hard but like to play harder.
68. My favorite seafood is a crab cake. I also like steamed shrimp.
69. I do not like most vegetables.
70. My favorite cake is Red Velvet.
71. I like a good cheese steak sub.
72. I really really do not like lima beans.
73. I can make hot dogs and French toast. This is about the extent of my cooking knowledge.
74. My daughters and me used to kick my wife out of bed on Saturday mornings to make us pancakes.
75. I hate spiders.
76. My favorite movie is Band of Brothers. I have watched all 10 series about 25x.
77. My cat sticks his tail straight up and vibrates it when he wants somebody to scratch his head. The whole time he is doing this he prances around your feet.
78. I like rock and roll played really loud.
79. I like to listen to Christian Rock.
80. I have television on my computer.
81. I like to tease everyone, especially women!
82. I can play the piano by ear.
83. I cannot sing, now nor ever.
84. I don't like green eggs and ham.
85. I have never spanked my kids.
86. I have never cheated on my wife.
87. I have a happy marriage. I have been married to my high school sweetheart since 1977.
88. I have two cats. One of them snores.
89. My hair started turning gray when I was only 18. It is completely gray now.
90. I still have most of my hair.
91. Both of my daughters never had a cavity.
92. Both of my daughters were walking before 1 year old.
93. My daughter graduated from college with a grade point average of 3.5.
94. My wife can do almost ANYTHING!
95. I hate the local news.
96. I detest bad cop shows.
97. I am a Republican. I used to be a democrat, though.
98. I do not agree with most Democratic views. As I get older, I have become more conservative.
99. I think Letterman is an idiot and a total jerk.
100. I voted for Bush twice.
TGIF! I am really poopped! I got up early today. Well, early for me, 11 am, that is! Getting up after 12 pm is one of the perks of taking drugs that make you always tired, plus a fringe benefit of being medically retired. I put this blog in my Venting category because I'm burned out from getting up early to have my feeding tube replaced.
Do you know how they did it? I didn't even get out of my wheelchair. The doctor reclined me back, lubricated my tube with K-Y, worked it back and forth in an obscene gesture and then when he was happy with the lubrication, yanked like heck!
The older feeding tubes had a bulb attached to the side that goes in your stomach. The yanking is necessary to get that 1" diameter bulb out of the 1/4" diameter hole in my stomach. I literally gave birth to a plastic bulb today.
I'm a manly man so I didn't cry. It did smart, though! I'm sore and tired now. I might have to sleep until 4 pm tomorrow. Anyway, everyone will be relieved that I still came home, got on-line and worked on organization business for several hours.
I'm off to bed. It's going to take a week for me to recover from getting up that early!
Well, I'm finally finished my work for the day. It was relatively uneventful. I spent several hours tonight updating my anti-virus and firewall software. If my software ever got a bug or my sensitive information for our organization got sent somewhere without me knowing it I don't think I would ever recover.
I'm not worried about somebody hacking into my computer because it's never happened in 10 years! My computer is small potatoes compared to a corporation, which is where hacking is almost always attempted. I'm concerned with somebody getting hold of my address book or sensitive business information and causing it to be sent out of my computer, that's what happens to personal computers. Anyway, don't start me discussing computers or I will put everyone to sleep!
My passion is my faith, first, and my computer, second. Of course, I forgot to mention family. They might be in between faith and computer. Don't I have anything more important to say what I did today, nah, I don't think so!
BTW, happy valentines day to me!