I went to the hospital once again

I'm the only one in my family to have a stroke also and I knew nothing about strokes. I got discharged from the hospital last night and they could not find the cause. I was coming out the bathroom downstairs and just hit the floor. Felt like I was spinning as I lay on the floor, so my wife called 911. I stayed 2 days.

fred,

sorry about your recent stay in the hospital. hope you're feeling better. the warm weather doesn't help any of us so we need to be extra careful and stay hydrated! :Glug:

fred, i too am sorry to hear of your recent set back. it makes it worse when they can't find a cause. i hope you are back home and feeling better now. rest and get well.

Thanks you all,

The doctors are at a loss for cause after looking at the MRI and scans, got many more appointments all this week, hopefully a cause will be found. Boy is it tough not being able to walk any distance or drive.

Thanks Donna and Kim for moving this topic and keeping me straight, my little mind is suffering at this time.

Hi Fred sorry, too, to hear of this setback you had done so well for so long

It is tough to not be able to walk distances or drive I haven't been able to for 5 yrs

With best wishes & keep us informed

I's too hot now in TX to be walking any distance stay in theAC

Sudz

Yea, I'm pretty much home bound and on short term disability (LOA), LEAVE OF ABSENCE. My weak side is gone, very painful to move it.

Hope they find a cause dear man so you can feel better soon. Was no problem splitting this to a new topic - helps to keep my brain cells stimulated so the "danaged ones" don't take total control. It's a daily challenge sometimes.

(((hugs))) - take care and keep cool.

Fred,

darn it brother your gonna have to quit giving us scares like this,seriously I'll be praying for you and hope your back up and cruising around Wally World soon..

God Bless You!

Tom

Oh Fred my friend,, sending warm wishes and HUGS. I sure hope the Dr's find some answers for you.

I have to remember to keep my water bottle with me, Outside doing yard work, when it is warmer it is harder to stay hydrated and keep BP in check.

Best wishes to you. be safe

Bonnie

Hugs and prayers for your friends here too Fred. I hate unexplained events, Ray too has had a couple of those that left him with more weakness but supposedly no new "event" took place. Is there a possibility it was a seizure of some kind?

You will have to take it one day at a time my friend, not easy to do when you fought so hard to get your fitness back only to see it slipping away again.

Patience comes through tribulation so you should be a potential SAINT at the end of all this.

(((Hugs))) from Sue.

Fred,

Please know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they are able to pinpoint what caused this.

Keep us posted.

Stessie

Fred: So sorry to hear of your fall and hospital stay. I know it is the pits when they don't know the cause. That happened to me when I had a right hemi stroke followed by massive brain stem stroke 2 years ago . First stroke showed nothing (for 2nd time, another long story)..."big" stroke showed "footprint" of a clot so they knew it had been there. Never figured out why. After running every test imaginable, my neurologist finally said "it just wanted to get you". Hang in there; I know it must be terribly hard. Sometimes I wonder if I have it in me to go through intensive rehab again. I have done rehab/exercise 3x/week for 2 years and have come a long way. I hope you recover to enjoy what you had before this last bout. Prayers are with you. I know they are what saved me.

Leah

Thanks again to all of you and your prayers does help it's been little over a week and I'm getting by not fast at all and thank God I got my scooter to make my appointments cause walking is out.

I got inside church Sunday and sat on the back pew with the ushers so I wouldn't block others getting in or out. God bless you all!

I understand too the more they try to find out what caused my stroke the more they find wrong with me. Its been a year since my stroke and I am feeling sooooo tired its hard sometimes to stay on the computer to long without falling asleep. I feel like I can sleep for a week. I wish you the best and maybe they will figure it out for you. :head_hurts:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived