I need advice please

I am 25 years old and recently I blacked out and I had an accident. I have a hole in my heart and my heart doctor thinks that maybe I had a Micro Stroke that day. Since that day I have been having circulation problems as well as memory loss. Both of my arms go numb and get kinda tingly but mainly it is my left. When I kneel on the ground or even sometimes when I am standing up my legs go completely numb and I fall down. I am wondering if anyone knows if this is a stroke thing or could it be something else? I dont know much and my insurance isnt that good so they seldom cover anything that I need. I am scared about this mainly because I have no idea what I am up against and I dont want to go to the doctor on wednesday blindly. If anyone has advice or information that could help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi AnnaBelle...

There are many members who have had what you are describing. I hope they answer you today...If not go here

http://www.strokenet.info/

Now look towards the left side of the page and you will see search...Enter PFO......You can then view prior posts about PFO.....Happy searching.....We are all here for one another....Chris

I hope you find answers and quickly before a more serious event occurs, God forbid. Hope your doctor can all referrals and such approved for you to have necessary testing. It is difficult when insurance coverage is "iffy".

Please keep us posted. If your doctor does recommend the PFO, many here have had it and it was successful.

Dear Annabelle,

I'm sure you understand that we can't even begin to diagnose what is going on with you. I'm sure you realize the symptoms you are describing are not normal. I had never heard of a "micro" stroke so did a little investigating. From what I read a micro stroke doesn't seem to show any symptoms. I'm certainly no clinician but it seems to me numbness is a symptom. Since you are still experiencing numbness, memory loss and notice your symptoms more on one side than another I am not sure waiting until Wednesday to see a physician is a good plan for you.

Do you have family or friends who know what you are experiencing? I would suggest that you let someone know what is going on and even ask their advice.

I'd like to direct you to the following web-site:

http://www.webmd.com/stroke/guide/stroke-w...o-call-a-doctor

hi annabelle and welcome to this great website. i agree with ann, i don't think waiting until wednesday is a good idea either with the symptoms you are experiencing. we have alot of information here, so browse around and read all you can. knowledge is power. many members here have had a PFO and successfully had it closed. others will respond to you i am sure. i wish you the best with this problem. take care.

I have been doing more research myself and I found it isnt called a micro stroke but a mini stroke is the proper name. My doctor is unsure if that is what it is and so am I but it is all any of us have to work with. My fiance knows and so does his family. My family isnt here for me so my fiance and his family are all I have. I have a ride for wednesday but no sooner and my doctor is busy and he says that wednesday will be fine to wait to take care of it. He seems pretty sure so I trust him with that. He is really concerned about it so he is trying to rush this. This has been going on since the day I blacked out on my birthday on January 28th. I have alot of stress on me right now which could have been what triggered this. My mother strives to stress me out and I guess it got to be to much for my body. I have also lost 180 pounds in under a year which put alot of strain on my body, also caused by stress. I have put some weight back on but I am getting worse it seems. I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your help and for helping me put a name to at least the hole in my heart because I found some info to help me understand a little more and without your help I wouldnt have found it so thank you. I will keep you posted on what goes on and thank you for your help and your concern. :)

I have been doing more research myself and I found it isnt called a micro stroke but a mini stroke is the proper name. My doctor is unsure if that is what it is and so am I but it is all any of us have to work with. My fiance knows and so does his family. My family isnt here for me so my fiance and his family are all I have. I have a ride for wednesday but no sooner and my doctor is busy and he says that wednesday will be fine to wait to take care of it. He seems pretty sure so I trust him with that. He is really concerned about it so he is trying to rush this. This has been going on since the day I blacked out on my birthday on January 28th. I have alot of stress on me right now which could have been what triggered this. My mother strives to stress me out and I guess it got to be to much for my body. I have also lost 180 pounds in under a year which put alot of strain on my body, also caused by stress. I have put some weight back on but I am getting worse it seems. I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your help and for helping me put a name to at least the hole in my heart because I found some info to help me understand a little more and without your help I wouldnt have found it so thank you. I will keep you posted on what goes on and thank you for your help and your concern. :)

hey Annabella:

So far you are very lucky that all these mini strokes haven't converted into major one. PFO is no laughing matter and can be easily fixed with heart catherization operation. this all mini strokes are usually precursor. and I am so happy you paid attention to it and doing research to find out more. my TIA went undetected and finally ended up with major one. so act on it, if nothing else consult your doctor, find out reasons & get ur PFO fixed & maybeduring that time start with baby aspirin (81mg)

Asha

Your doctor would be called in if you went to the emergency room. If you've had these symptoms since Jan 28th, that's too long amd each additional moment spent without seeking treatment could be dangerous.

We're not professionals here, but reading your entries tells me you should be in the hospital NOW not waiting til a doctor's appointment on Wednesday.

Get your fiance or his family to take you to the hospital ER.

annabelle. everyone is born with a pfo, but it usually closes itself after birth, you were not that lucky. now you had a mini stroke or TIA that needs to be addressed asap. you also put a strain on your heart with your added weight. losing that much weight in 1 year takes its toll on the body too. not trying to scare you, but i would be seen by a doctor before wednesday. many survivors here went through the same thing them boom the big one comes, thats when they find the pfo. just my thoughts. we are here to help and offer our advice, doctors are going to tell you that if they don't want to be bothered or called to the ER. a neurologist is what you need to check you out now that you have had a episode. body parts don't go numb for no reason, oryou black out and have a accident.

annabelle,

don't put your health and yourself at risk. i hope you get yourself diagnosed as soon as possible. don't wait for something else to occur. i wish you well as you get this issue resolved.

Okay I went to my cardiologist and he is setting me up for a MRI and an Ultra Sound. I go in for the Ultra Sound this Monday and from there we will set up the MRI. He thinks that it has something to do with my heart as well as my nerves in my neck I guess because that is where he is doing the MRI and the Ultra Sound at. He asked me to close my eyes and shake my head really fast to see how my body reacted and I guess I failed because I got etermely dizzy and almost fell off the table. He had me lay down untill the room quit spinning. He is very concerned but he also said there is a chance they wont find anything with these two tests but he isnt giving up on it either. I promised I would keep everyone posted and this is all I know so far. Thank you all for your concern as well as your advice :Clap-Hands: As I get more I will post it:D

I hope you all have a great weekend and do take care.

Archived