My Father faught a hard battle

My father passed this morning from an infection in his lungs. He had his brain stem stroke on 5/26/08, and faught the hard fight for a month and a half. Doctors did not give him a chance to live after his stroke. He lived through an operation to relieve pressure in his head. The nuerologist then said he would probably be "locked in". He then began to move his right arm and leg, head and mouth. He really looked promising up until today. This hurt me so bad. My father was my best friend, my mentor, my best man at my wedding. For once in my life I am scared, because I have always had him by my side. It hurts that he only saw his baby grandson for eight months. I really wanted my son to get to know him. I just hope I can be as good a father as he was.

Sorry to hear this news my friend and name sake but please accept my condolences and prayers in the home going of your dear dad. There is a grieving time when he meant so much to you and your family, I certainly understand, I lost my dad years ago and my mom.

My father passed this morning from an infection in his lungs. He had his brain stem stroke on 5/26/08, and faught the hard fight for a month and a half. Doctors did not give him a chance to live after his stroke. He lived through an operation to relieve pressure in his head. The nuerologist then said he would probably be "locked in". He then began to move his right arm and leg, head and mouth. He really looked promising up until today. This hurt me so bad. My father was my best friend, my mentor, my best man at my wedding. For once in my life I am scared, because I have always had him by my side. It hurts that he only saw his baby grandson for eight months. I really wanted my son to get to know him. I just hope I can be as good a father as he was.

I know exactually how you feel. My father passed away in the hospital just after we got married (luckily he met Kathleen), he never made the wedding nor did he ever get to see his grandson.

There's a big emptyness in our lives as I'm sure there is in your's. I'm so sorry for your loss.

My condolemces to you and your family. I too lost my Father when my daughter was 8 months old. May fond loving memories of your Dad help you through this difficult time.

Your Dad will be atching down on you and guiding you in your parenting.

(((hugs))) and God Bless

i too am saddened to hear of your loss. parents are our mentors for many years. he is now your angel watching over his family. he did fight a good battle. the memories you shared will last you a lifetime, keep those memories alive for your son too. i wish you comfort and peace in the days ahead. god bless.

King,

I too am saddened to hear of your father's passing,please accept my condolences,and know we'll be here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on.

God Bless,

Tom

king,

thank you for sharing your special feelings with us. i'm sorry for your loss. you loved your dad and he loved you equally. love between fathers and sons is boundless. may memories of your dad bring comfort at this difficult time.

Thank you for letting us know and please continue to post so we will know how you are doing. I am so sorry for your loss.

Stessie

I am saddened to hear of your loss. Your Dad will always be alive thru you and your children. Msy you obtain comfort and share the mny happy memories with your children. Take time to grieve, but also remember the special, happy times. and may you have comfot that you dad lead a good life, fought a good fight and is at peace.

Best wishes,to you and Your family.

Bonnie

God bless you and all who loved your dad and whom he loved.hold on to your memories, they are precious and comforting.take care - Ima from chi-town

[sizeNEWEST ANGEL CALLED HOME

God called his name and before you knew it he was gone

On Sunday, July 13th, 2008.

He had lived a good life

He loved life . , In fact, He took such pride in everything he did.

He believed in his Country and God

He was there to help others in need.

But today, God called him home

and within a blink of an eye he was gone

He has become one of God's Special Angels

for his job on this earth is complete

So now he can rest at God's right hand

and watch you and his precious grandson from up above.

Everyone will miss him so very much.

But you can see him each and every night

when you look up above at the shiniest, twinkling star

in the dark sky..For that will be your Dad looking

down at you letting you know he is doing all right.

He is your newest Guardian Angel and He is free .. at last..

He is having his Homecoming in Heaven.

May your Best Friend, Your Dad, Your Mentor Rest in Heaven, my Friend, know how very loved you were by your Dad and now you can pass that love and memories on to your son. , For your Dad has left footprints on so many hearts.

The dash between his date of birth - date of passing has been well spent in his lifetime. May those who share the memories of your Dad remember how your lives were spent in between the -dash.

I know, in my heart, you will be together again one day

You heard God say to your Dad, Well done my faithful servant,

Now it's time for you to rest

But first, I have something to say to you

Welcome Home My Son,

Welcome Home =6][/size]

I am keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Written in Memory of your loving Dad,

Jan, Brain Stem Stroke Survivor 11/03

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. We had my dads funeral on Thursday, and man it was a sight to see. It was standing room only, with people from all walks of life. See my dad was a teacher and a coach so his students from all years showed up, plus people from the community. It was amazing to see how many people my dad had touched. Articles were written in the paper from columnists saying how he had touched their lives. I am currently trying to get a scholarship fund created in his name to keep his name going in this community. I know his legacy will live on through the students he taught, but he always loved to see kids go to college so I thaught he would really love this. I am also trying to write a book about him and his stroke, even if I don't try to pursue getting it published it is a source of healing for me. However, I really think this word needs more books about great men and great fathers. Thanks again for your words they really do help.

Archived