All in HIS time

Even more so than ever before (as I'm seeing myself as proof) all is in HIS time. I have lived in my current home for a year (July 16th is the day we arrived). I have been each and every day climbing up and down the steps to our second floor as that is where my bedroom and the bathroom is.

This entire time, I've only been able to climb the steps as I was taught in therapy (going up using good leg first, coming down bad leg first, which AFO makes possible) .

From time to time, I would attempt to go up the steps using the bad leg first; but could not as my left knee would buckle.

Patience and Prayers were answered last evening as I climbed the steps to the 2nd floor using the my left leg to go to the next step. Granted, it wasn't pretty but was accomplished. Was able to accomplish the same today - YIPPPEEE!!! As I continue to get it mastered (was easier today) I'll work on coming back down the steps more normally. With the AFO it is hard to come down with my right leg first as the afo digs into the back of my leg and doesn't give flexibility. Without AFO, I'd fall due to drop foot.

My right knee, if it could talk would thank me, as its been taking all the burden.

Ever onward - so everyone here - keep on keepin on. :happydance:

good for you, donna!! always be careful, but never give up or give in! i've been trying to go up and down stairs the same way trying to build strength to the weaker side. as you said, it's all in HIS time.

[donna,

congratulations! :Clap-Hands: stairs are such a challege......i understand how good mastering them must feel. you are an inspiration. kathy

You are doing a good job, I have/had the same challenges a few years back then I trusted myself and started going up with one foot on each step, all 15 of them. I didn't get any faster and the added rail helped very much cause it was hard trying to hold on to the left side rail with with my right hand going up.

donna dear, i am so very proud and happy for you. you did it girlfriend by yourself. elondie's poem is very fitting for you. you did climb your mountain. i pray you continue to amaze yourself with what you can do. you are truly an aspiration to us all. be careful and god bless.

love and (((hugs)))

Donna, that is great news! Congratulations!

Ed

congratulations, donna,

we are so proud of you.

thanks for sharing with us so we can also be inspired by your example,

love,

anna

Donna,

I remember when you moved to P...P..P...and you were not too happy with having to deal with those stairs just to have to go to the bathroom, but you rose to the challenge, surely are an inspiration and mastered them!

:congrats:

Donna

That is the best news...you should feel proud indeed. It truly is an accomplishment when it happens.

Stessie

Alright Donna-congrats :Clap-Hands: ,stairs are also a challenge for me-very tiresome,you are an inspiration.Ima from Chi-town.

DONNA ~

YOU TRULY ARE AN INSPIRATION TO ALL!!! :Clap-Hands: MY HUSBAND SAID LETS GET RID OF OUR

STAIRS & i SAID NO THEY ARE A FORM OF EXERCISE FOR ME. (hE DIDN'T GET IT) HE WAS ONLY BEING

KIND HEARTED THINKING THEY WERE TOO MUCH. BUT I UNDERSTAND WHEN I TAKE THE TIME I CAN

CLIMB THEM THE RIGHT WAY I WAS TAUGHT IN THERAPY. i BLEW MY KNEE OUT SO MOVED INTO A LONGER

BRACE UP TO MY THIGH TO PROTECT THE KNEE FROM HYPEREXTENDING BACK. (CAN'T REMEMBER OF THE

SHORT TERM FOR IT) bUT WHEN I REALLY CONCENTRATE I CAN GO STEP BY STEP THE RIGHT WAY.....

I PAT MYSELF ON THE BACK....AND SAY WAY TO GO NANCY,,,,sEE WHAT YOU STARTED DONNA...AN EXERCISE

COURSE!!!! :i_did_it!: wAY TO GO DEAR FRIEND...lOVE YOU ~ NANCY

Congrats on your accomplishment. Through Christ ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. I am so happy for you and share in your joy. God Bless, Jan

Thank you one and all for the encouragements. Today, I was really inspired on my way to the "throne room" upstairs.

I went up almost like normal - left, then right. It definitely was not pretty as I had to readjust my placement so I wasn't all over the steps and of course I held onto the railing all the way. I got to the top and actually cried, almost forgetting why I went up there in the first place.

Was the first time of an almost stai climb since before stroke. Oh if my "former" negative docs could see me now.

So you got to the top and it was a toss up between the happy dance :happydance: and the pp dance :monkeydance: You go girl

Archived