holidays

greg

HI GREG,

I'M SORRY YOU'RE FEELING KIND OF LOW TODAY. :friends:

HOLIDAYS ARE ESPECIALLY HARD FOR PEOPLE FOR DIFFERENT REASONS. I MISS MY FAMILY THAT HAVE PASSED ON:PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, AUNTS & UNCLES, FRIENDS.

I'M THANKFUL FOR MY HUSBAND AND CHILDREN.

DO YOU HAVE FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS TO BE WITH?? I HOPE SO. :hug:

TAKE CARE AND KNOW THAT THIS EXTENDED FAMILY WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.

Hi greg: Holidays are just another day. When I am in the "dumps" I try to think gratitude and think or write down all the GOOD things in my life. In the beginning it was harder but it starts getting easier and longer and then i am happy. I think of how far I have gone, that I can type on the computer and read, that there IS a strokenet I can go into and even chat if I'm available, the fact I can speak, the fact that if I can tired easy at least there are things I CAN do. This website keeps us joined so we are never quite alone. With my faith I feel God is always with me too.

I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach, people who love me, even from this site, and people that will pray for me and I will pray for them. I am not taking a dirt nap (learned that one day in chat) and so it goes on and on. Reading will always get me out of myself and doing something for someone else definitely does it too.

So, no matter what, Greg, it will change and get better in some ways. God Bless You,

Hugs from Leah

Greg: I forgot to ask you...what happened with the delivery job? Leah

thank you so much for responding

there are friends and family but i didn't extend myself to be with them. I did reach out to some but couldn't get in touch.

the delivery job is going really well and i cant wait to get back to it tomorrow :)

Greg,

Sorry to hear you've been down today. I spent most of the holiday weekend alone and worked at finding ways to occupy my time. With volunteering here that keeps me busy. I also read a great deal and watched some movies. It's a family tradition to watch the MDA Telethon....I kept the tradition going :rolleyes: .

Perhaps, in the future, you can do some pre-planning to fill your time.

hi donna,

had a b-day on Saturday, which went good.. saw my little granddaughter :) So i didn't think today would be a biggie..

Anyhow, felt the pinch of loneliness, i think it was worse today because of Saturday, but i think it'll pass after i get back to work tomorrow

greg

hi fref, sorry you are feeling down today. congrats on how your job is going. i think holidays make us sad cause we always remember what we used to do on those days and how we used to do it as we used to be. if that makes sense. as leah said we should count our blessings now and be happy for what we have now. its not the same i know. but i bet your grandaughter is happy you are here with her now. i hope you have a better day tomorrow. keep smiling those days will get less frequent.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg

It's been several weeks since Labor Day and just wanted to check in and see how you are doing. Hope all is well and the delivery job is keeping you busy.

Stessie

Hi Greg ~

God Bless you my friend! Hope your doing better...Take care and please keep

in touch, I don't know what I'd do without this group of wonderful caring people like

yourself. Happy belated birthday! Holidays are hard @ times but bless you and enjoy

your granddaughter....Nancy

:friends:Hi there, I apologize for not responding sooner, however, I have been laying low since my surgery and I am now just getting back to the group. First off, Happy belated birthday to you, I am grateful you are here with us and I also know about holidays. A lot of stress during those times of the year, I so enjoyed the holidays, guess because I was a Professional Clown and I always appeared in parades, parties, etc. Also, I had a retreat for my cancer patients for over 15 and a half years, every Memorial and Labor Day. Since I stroked and I got MG, that started to fizzle out. It has been a difficult thing to move on from. I spent over 15 years doing this and I so loved it. But, I just realize I did what I could when I had my health. One never knows what the future will hold, that is why I try to make each day the best I can and help others. God is the only person who knows the outcome of my life. I choose to be grateful for what I still have, I'm not even suppose to be here, it is a miracle God gave me. I am not going to waste time when I still have life to live and help make a difference in people's lives. God Bless you and please stay in touch with us. We care about you.

BELIEVE IN MIRACLES AND SOAR

Hugs, Jan

Brain Stem Stroke Survivor, 2003

• 3 weeks later...

Things are going pretty busy right now.. carrying on with the job, but now I'm interviewing for PC support work. Thats what I've done for 15 years before stroke and I'm determined to do it again!

My brother-in law moved out of his house rental and the owner offered it to me for practically the same price I'm at now. Looking forward to getting out of the apartment and back into house life again very soon.

I signed up for my old gym again.. feels good to workout again, but I feel like Frankenstein when I walk through there!

I feel like Frankenstein when I walk through there!

One of my friends once said that I walk like Igor! LOL

Archived