Once is not enough

I had my 1st stoke 9/30/08 I guess the challange was not enough nov 14 I had a another one. The first one left my hand and arm numb left side. My lft side has less feeling head to toe. 2nd got my leg weaker and lI limp bad now. I still have numb hand and arm but with sharp pains in my arm and leg.now A new challenge. 2nd gave me pain and cane. I hope a stronger inner self also

Hi Bart,

Sorry to hear about 2nd stroke, of course you are right, once would have been plenty. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Try to be strong and you will get through this one also.What does not destroy us, makes us stronger. Take care

Marie-Claire

Yea, 2 months apart is no fun, once is certainly enough, none is better but we didn't see it coming in most cases. Hope you can recover as usual along with the rest of us survivors. I got the same pains in the same places which has increased in the last week to the point I had to give up my full time job. I have pain, a quad cane and a scooter as my means of getting from point A to B.

I use so many of those tubes of muscle and pain rubs and creams I have to shower every morning to make room for a day supply then again at bed time. It's a cycle now along with many meds by mouth for pain, constipation, indigestion and much more.

I feel your concern, been there done that and trying to get better slowly. Take care of yourself and log in often to see what's happening around the message board and in the Blog section. If you feel this site has helped you, go to the members Area (top of page) and click on Testimonials and state how this site has helped you so others can read.

Take care!

Hi Bart,

Sorry to hear you got hit again with a stroke and that this one left you with added pain. Hope you can recover from this latest.

Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Now that we are here for you.

Take care.

Dont get wrong i had a good life, but im proud to be part of a this group. its a wake up call i took so much for granted. how im learning how much i need to be lucky for.

Many of us take much for granted. For me it was a definite wake up call and kind of stopped me in my tracks to make me rethink my life. I feel blessed to get a second chance as well as blessed to call all here my friends.

:Clap-Hands: :welcome: Bart:

So nice to meet you. I can share with your story as I had two strokes in a short amount of time as well. I had a Brain Stem Stroke 11/18/03.... That was enough for me, however, 12/31/06 I had another stroke (TIA)and then the next day back to back I had my second one (TIA) on 1/1/07.

I have learned that I need to take life a day at a time, in fact, a second at a time. Enjoy and make the most out of each and every day. You have joined a great group of individuals and we are here for you. Have any questions, just write away, you didn't say what type of strokes you had, were they TIA's? We will walk this journey with you, my friend, as we have all been there, done that and even got the :tshirt: Keep us posted. Have a great day today.

God Bless,

Jan

Believe in Miracles and SOAR

Great attitude. Keep working at your walking. Weight bearing is good for the pain we have after stroke.

I recently started taking a medication for the severe tingling pain in my left leg called Neurontin. It has helped a lot. I am only able to walk a short distance with my walker; otherwise, I am in a wheelchair.

Keep up the good work.

Vi

They where ischemic strokes. 1st one major. the 2nd just enough to damage what i had now typeing this is a challange most posts I never get posted i do it wrong

Dear Bart,

I'm so sorry you had this second stroke. Hang in there your typing and computer skills will get better with practice. So will everything else with time. You will be in my thoughts and prayers..........Joy

Hi Bart

Sorry to hear about your second stroke I know what you're going through, hope your journey of recovery goes well for you, do not push yourself to hard and just take it day by day and hopefully you will see improvement in your recovery

Best wishes

Allan

Archived