Interesting holiday social events to share?

stessie

Not for this year. I'm not really gonna go to any parties... spend the night with my friend, and watch her kids open presents, then go to my sister's house and do the present thing all over again with my own family. Nice and boring.

Though when I had my stroke, I missed a whole week of work...then went to the office party that Saturday. Was kind of afraid people would be upset for me showing up all fine and dandy, when the rest of the week I wasn't there to help. But if anybody had those thoughts, they didn't say nothin'.

Well that depends! My human relations manager at walmart called me Sunday saying it was a "must" that I attend the company Christmas party for the associates, as we are called, and I was to be honored for all I contributed during the past few years. My first thought was, that's strange, at Christmas time, did my doctor call with something I don't know or am I getting the gift of a life time??

In my mind this would be an interesting social event with the out come unknown at this time what they have planned. I will get back to this topic after the 19th and let you in on what it was or is that the social event will bring. Otherwise for me and my family it's Christmas as usual. My wife attended her bank employees party Saturday night at the convention center and because I'm not walking so good I stayed home.

She didn't win a door prize like last year, their bonuses were cut in half, and she say the food was good! I thought she was dressed very nice, she likes to wear her dresses short so I stayed awake until she got home. :party: She loves to dance and sing so a good time she had by all accounts.

Stessie,

Well, I got good news...They gave me a 200.00 gift card and a few individual gifts from managers and the human relations manager. I think they figured I may have been under paid...no just kidding, I was glad to get it this time of year.

The dinner was good too, brisket, sausage, beans, potato salad, all the trimmings and soft drinks, Sam's of course.

Then everybody, the men, got hats while the women got a scented candle set for a table display. The other associates, as we are called, pulled names in their departments and exchanged gifts. I'm on disability leave so I didn't pull names.

Whooo Hooo for you Fred. How nice to be recognized for the work you have done as a Walmart Greeter. I think of you any time I enter a Walmart Store and I'm greeted.

I don't have any interesting holiday social events to share myself. I did include in my latest blog entry my attendance at my Brother's annual family/friends Christmas Party.

Fred,

It is so nice when one is recognized for outstanding efforts. I believe many times the recognition means more than the monetary reward (although it does come in handy). I look forward to your posts as you have great vision in looking at today's world.

My best to you and congratulations.

Stessie

Stessie,

I ended up spending it and more on a 32 inch TV that I couldn't pass up as if I needed another TV! Plus my discount made it afordable! :D

Fred,

What a nice honor and recognition for your hard work and using your winning personality as a greeter. Having you as one of our staff (that's what we call you) it's easy to see why you are so valued and held in such high esteem. Enjoy your TV.

Fred,

the others are right! You are a great assset here and I always look for your posts and pearls of wit and wisdom. I know Wal-Mart appeciated your hard work and dedication! Congratulations on the honor they bestowed on you! I hope you enjoy your TV!.......hugs.......Joy

I now have an interesting social event to share. Last night we had our Strokenet virtual annual Christmas/Holiday Party.

To all those who attended, thank you thank you. For those who did not, we missed you.

There are those in the "real world" (non-stroke related) may not have a clue as to how much something like this can mean to those of us you cannot physically part down as in days prestroke.

We did a virtual party down which was hosted by our very own Host Denny. I was always a part planner type person pre and thoroughly enjoyed the planning of this bash. Took me back to my days planning dances and social fund raising events when I was a member of a volunteer ambulance and fire department.

A special part of the evening was an appearance by S.C - Santa Claus. There were those who were skeptical and even admitted their non-belief. From me to all of you, please watch and listen to

. This video was made in 1987 and has always been close to my heart. Even today as I listened to it before posting it here I cried. The spirit lives on in our hearts if we permit it to do so. There is a Santa and he is with us all year, in our hearts. Open your heart. Maybe if all of us the world opened our hearts the world would be a different place.

Ok time to dry my eyes :crying: . There will be another Strokenet social function - New Year's Eve maraton chat to welcome in 2009 across the United States. For those in other countries that hit 2009 before we do, please still come and join us if you can. Details to be anounced :big_grin:

I now have an interesting social event to share. Last night we had our Strokenet virtual annual Christmas/Holiday Party.

To all those who attended, thank you thank you. For those who did not, we missed you.

There are those in the "real world" (non-stroke related) may not have a clue as to how much something like this can mean to those of us you cannot physically part down as in days prestroke.

We did a virtual party down which was hosted by our very own Host Denny. I was always a part planner type person pre and thoroughly enjoyed the planning of this bash. Took me back to my days planning dances and social fund raising events when I was a member of a volunteer ambulance and fire department.

A special part of the evening was an appearance by S.C - Santa Claus. There were those who were skeptical and even admitted their non-belief. From me to all of you, please watch and listen to

. This video was made in 1987 and has always been close to my heart. Even today as I listened to it before posting it here I cried. The spirit lives on in our hearts if we permit it to do so. There is a Santa and he is with us all year, in our hearts. Open your heart. Maybe if all of us the world opened our hearts the world would be a different place.

Ok time to dry my eyes :crying: . There will be another Strokenet social function - New Year's Eve maraton chat to welcome in 2009 across the United States. For those in other countries that hit 2009 before we do, please still come and join us if you can. Details to be anounced :big_grin:

That clip was just beautiful. I can see why it made you cry. Merry Xmas to you and yours Donna,

mc

Yea last night was a blast from the past when we had less than 4000 members. It was history at Christmas all over again and I enjoyed it very much.

If you missed it you missed a great Christmas party. Hope the New Year party be just as good. Probably the safest place to watch the new year arrive.

Donna,

I listened to Johnny Cash's Christmas too, my mom loved that song cause it talked about the share croppers who had nothing but faith in God and very little in terms of possessions but still glad to have a merry Christmas with and for their many kids. We believed in Santa Claus.

The Christmas party was excellent I enjoyed myself beyond expectations. I will be there for the New Years Eve party it will be my second one, living in Australia yours will be in the middle of the afternoon New Years Day so I will be wide awake for it as long as i do not over indulge on the night before :)

See you all there

Allan

PS.

thank you to all the organizers

Archived