I met this guy check him out

toolate4me

I went to look over the canes and they haven't got the site completed because the links for the most part don't work. If I put up a site, I make sure it all works before I tell anyone about it.

ty 4 the info will have 2 take a look see approach befored i decide which way i shall go from this pointon on my recovery will deff go have a look see

thank u so much and keep on posting

BESSY :big_grin:

Hey stu are you always so negitive? I was just saying he helped me and he was inspiring in what he was trying to do it was the foundation that I was talking about. he said it is a work in progress, it looks good to me the cane he had was awesome! did you take the time to contact them? or just spouted off no disrespect you just sound as if you have a chip on the shoulder ? corret me if I wrong.

Hi

It is good that he is supporting others, I just hope it is not just all for his own benefits, but like you said toolate4me it is good to see it happening.

But the person i would be praising is Steve for what he has done and achieved

Allan

Hey stu are you always so negitive? I was just saying he helped me and he was inspiring in what he was trying to do it was the foundation that I was talking about. he said it is a work in progress, it looks good to me the cane he had was awesome! did you take the time to contact them? or just spouted off no disrespect you just sound as if you have a chip on the shoulder ? corret me if I wrong.

Excuse me? I went to the site and checked them out as you asked, and found it to be wanting ( most links didn't work). I stated what I found, do you have a vested interest in this site because there's no reason to get so uptight. As for me being negative, not a chance. I think I'm due an apology.

harley, welcome to the site of caring and supportive people. stu was trying to help you. this is a site for survivors and caregivers. the survivors have brain damage and are sometimes confused enough. we always check out the link and site before posting it to help other members. and to make sure irs not a scammer site thats preys on handicapped people. we want to protect our members. i hope you understand.

Hi Folks....

I too went to the website.....I just happen to be in the market for a unique cane....Maybe start a collection, since I have to put up with them...<G>......

Left the site more confused than when I came....

Contacting them (I dunno...is 801 area code toll-free....?), as it is, I wouldn't know what to ask about....

I do like the guy's attitude.....But I have only the foggiest clue as to *what* he's doing....*what* his product is, and *what* it costs....,

Pictures and descriptions at least...the accessories, too...

Pricing, too.....or that could be handled on an as order basis,,,

I might be one of his first customers....

Hi Again, Folks.....

I also agree with Allan....

Totally in awe of Steve (Mallory I presume)...in what he has accomplished...

He's *walking the talk*.....

hi,

as a fellow cane user i checked out the site. it really is incomplete......i would like to believe this is a ligit business but there are too many scams out there. he does appear to have a positive attitude which we all know is one of the keys to recovery.

as far as donations to his group, what i have to give in time and money goes to stroke net. steve has touched my life like no other person. his courage and care for survivors and caregivers is beyond words.

as you search for stroke info please beware. check out a organization before posting. sharing is one of the things we do here at strokenet but it is important to have all the facts before posting.

take care..kathy

Hello!

I have been reading this thread with mild amusement and thought I'd add my two pennies' worth.

First, how awesome is it that a fellow survivor has turned stroke into a full-time business?! Wish I could do it! We really need to be celebrating this man's successes.

Second, as a small business owner, he probably is either managing his website himself or has a friend building/managing the site (professionally-built websites cost in the tens of thousands). As someone who's developed/administrated websites as a living for the past eight years, I can tell you that it is NOT unusual for websites to be "under construction" while live on the internet. It is the way to check to see if links work, copy flows, photos are placed correctly, etc. Please remember that he is a small-time business owner, and he is probably trying to show that he is not a "one trick pony" and has other offerings forthcoming to entice people back to the website. Websites are always "a work in progress."

So, I think it's great that someone is taking a negative and turning it into his life's work! Thanks for sharing that with us, TooLate!

Peace on earth, good will toward men,

Karen

Ok Stu I am sorry as for Hanks he Gave me one of his canes so I don't think it's about the money for him personally, I just went back and looked again the site has changed I think his story was inspiring I do not mean to lesson anyone else's successs He to is a STROKE SURVIVOR so if you need a cane, great it is not a scam I am going to call the number on the site and encourage him to post here so you all can meet him ok? 801 is in west jordan utah I met him in the walmart here just the frienliest guy he stated he was a janitor for 23 years before his stroke and they fired him because he could not go back to work ,so he is making lemonaide :) (canes)

hey all i am this guy too late4me is talking about while i am grateful for his post it is premature the site is not ready i am trying to build it my self it is way harder than i thought it was going to be i am too cofused most days to work on it but i am trying to get it up so thanks for the support check back later if you want but but it is not a scam i just need to help fellow survivors that is it i heard of this site later from one of your members so i will look into supporting this site also IF we ever make any money going kinda slow thanks for allowing me in here.can you post pics here ? how do you do it?

Bart

glad 2 hear all has workek out another place2 check outis disableds on line there are people that go the extra mile 2 help those of us that are disabled nand my hat goes off 2 u steve in all that u have achived hope 2009 is a turning point in what ever u choose 2 do

tks 4 posting bart hope 2 meet u soon in a chat some day real real soon

BESSY :big_grin:

I was going to offer to help with the website, as I've been in the hobby for 10+ years now... until I actually went and looked at it. Apparently it's in XML, and I only know HTML... so this guy is even better than I am!

One advice I can give, is the pictures in the "Product" page, should be a big smaller in file size. I have DSL, and they take forever to load. People with dial-up will be waiting all day!

If help is needed with file sizing, I can offer at least that.

Other than that, it looks nifty!

Archived