Satisfaction

Acceptance

I have come to a part of my life and my acceptance of were and what I want from here on.

I have to accept where i am and not look back thats the first thing, secondly i have to accept my abilities in what i want to achieve, If i set my goals to high i seem to come undone in a big way so from now on it is day by day. Each morning when i wake up I will decide what that day will bring, hopefully i will be able to show my love to my family and my gratitude to them, for all they have done to help me and to those here on StrokeNet that have helped me through trying times and those who have sat up all night talking with me when i have needed a shoulder to lean on (they know who they are ) I cant express how much it meant to me having friends here when needed. What i look forward to is inner peace and tranquility, the ability to help others in whatever way I can, if only to make a small difference in there life after stroke. If only one person can take something from me to help in there recovery thats all i ask, If anymore than that it is a blessing.

God bless you all

Allan

Allan,

You are definitely a legend AND a Saint. You thank us wherein we are thanking you for all you are doing. Your attitude towards your own health issues are inspirational to the rest of us. I, for one, am humbled and feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to consider you a dear friend.

On behalf of all our members, I am so thankful I emailed you and inquired if you would want to become a volunteer here. YOU are our blessing.

(((hugs))))

Allan,

You are a legend~!!!! :) The two words God gave me, it's been @ least 11 months now,

are ACCEPTANCE & FORGIVENSS!! They've come into play @ full throttle as the days have come.

All you've been through Allan, it's a miracle you are alive with a good attitude, trying to

do the best you can under the circumstances. It's a testimony to us all to keep forging on, seeking

to do the best we can and never giving up on ourselves to be better mentally and physically. It's

a little @ a time but this life is so temporary, being prepared for the eternal life that's ahead. It won't

be long now. Last week on top of greiving for our AMy who passed Nov. 29th in an accident. My youngest

was giving us trouble over nothing but she likes drama. Thankfully my husband has taken over as I'm

unable to handle it w/ the right words. In my daily devotional at the end of the week was on Grace:

"Grace is positive and unconditional acceptance in spite of the other person. Grace is a demonstration

of love that is undeserved, unearned and unrepayable...That's the way grace is. Grace isn't picky. Grace

doesn't look for things that have been done that deserve love. Grace operates apart from the response

or the ability of the individual. Grace is one-sided. Grace is God giving Himself in full acceptance to

someone who does not deserve it and can never earn it and will never be able to repay." By Charles Swindoll

I wrote these words in a letter as she refused to talk, came home from school 4 days straight, went to

bed w/out eating. My husband tried to talk w/ her but she yelled @ him. That's when he took her phone away.

This seemed to have her start talking w/ a smile on her face. She later got her cell phone back & she was a

happy camper. Sometimes we don't think we can take one more incident in our life's, but God knows how

much we can take....Allan your an example for us to follow. Keep trudging on with a smile! :forgive_me?:

May God Bless you!

Your friend in the tenches of this life~Nancy

Dear Allan,

You are more than Welcome, for any little bit I may have helped in any small way. I am a better person for knowing you. I know and see how many here, including me that you ave given, hope,inspiration, and looking at acceptance.

This is a great support "family" sometimes we are the ones that need a shoulder, a listening ear... a virtual hug, and sometimes we give. That to me is family and love, and support. To reach out and care, to share good times and bad. To cheer for success, and shed tears in sadness.

We all apprecite how much you give of yourself, and I know you have made many people more appreciative of what they have, You are a great friend, and you are appreciated and loved here.

Bonnie

Allen the number of poeple you have reached and inspired is like the grains of sand on a beach. You may not know it, but each life you have touched does. Thank you for all you do to keep us going each in our own way. Karen :friends:

allan, you have helped so many here, just knowing you is truly an a blessing in my life. you teach us whatever life throws at us. we must accept and move on, the best way we can. you have taught your grandsons life's valuable lessons. i respect and admire you for the person you are. donna did a great thing in asking you to volunteer here with us. you give more than you receive. i pray you are with us for along time yet to come. keep smiling allan, knowing you are loved by so many of us. stay safe and well my friend.

Allan, I for one am proud to say you are my friend and I second Bonnie's sentiments that we are so much better for having you in our life. Thank you for all you do here,

mc

Allen

All the best to you my man, I do the same thing, one day at a time doing all I can with what I have left. I feel like you, blessed to have others in our lives who really cares about our well being. If I improve or stay the same day to day, I accept my condition and don't look back.

You have made B-I-G strides in my opinion for overcoming what faced you months ago.

Allan,

Hey mate, you deserve a great big :signthankspin: from all of us at Strokenet. You have been a big inspiration to us. Just keep doing what you have been doing.

Hank

allan,

i second what everyone has said. we are so blessed to have you here with us and able to share your wisdom as we all travel our recovery paths. as i search for my "middle ground" in daily life, i believe you are right when you say take each day as it comes, love your family and practice gratitude. :) kathy

Allan:

I seond what everybody said. but you don't realize you being here with us in chat, blogs have touched so many lives, have given hope, inspiration to so many people. I feel blessed to be able to know you as my friend. your advice is very sound one, take one day at a time & be grateful to what you still have.

you are teaching valuable lessons to your grandkids.

Asha

Allan.....

Nicely put, mate.....

Allan

All of your postings inspire me. Your words and encouragement come straight from the heart. One of the things about growing more mature is that we have experienced so much in life and are able to give back. Your words are of experience and part of life's journey. You have a gift in verbalizing in a pleasant and meaningful manner to others.

Who would have thought that by surviving stroke that we would know of other stroke survivors in other parts of the world. When I think of Australia, Allan immediately comes to mind. I saw the movie just recently and I thought of you right away. BTW, although I have never been to Australia, it appears to be a beautiful country indeed.

Keep on doing what you are doing, mate.

Stessied

Allan: You are a PLUS in my recovery, If I hadn't stroked, I would never have known you and everyone else here at StrokeNet. I feel you are such a BONUS, you are a STAR in my dark nights, you speak from the Heart, you share so much with all of us. You are a True Blessing in my journey. Thank you Mate.

God Bless,

Hugs, Jan

Believe In Miracles And SOAR :beer: :Clap-Hands:

• ksmith pinned this topic