Do you worry

I am by myself most days, which is not supposed to happen due to my being ill with vasculitis and another stroke is very likely to happen because of my condition. I try not to worry, but I can't help it. My mom is the manager of the apartments we live in and my husband calls often, but I just feel nervous sometimes, especially here lately. I have been having headaches a lot lately, probably because of my illness. I try to keep myself busy with games on the computer or with word search to keep my mind busy instead of worrying. Is there any advice anyone can give me, I have already had two strokes and one or two anerisms. Just scared. hope everyone is doing well. :huh:

I was under the impression you and hubby was together since you just got married but I suppose his job has him away from you most of the time. I think the fear will subside after awhile. My worry only lasted for a few months.

Being by yourself brings the worry on more often than not. It shouldn't last much longer, so stop worrying yourself. Think good thoughts and tell yourself everything will be alright. :D :secret:

hi diana, i think alot of us have the same fears after having a stroke, i know i did for awhile after mine. but doing other things to keep your busy is what i did also. we never know what lies ahead for us. so please try not to worry about something we can't change. maybe your doctor could give you anti-anxiety meds to help you with this. i know another pill, huh,LOL but sometimes we need them. i think this fear will pass with time. i know it did for me. as long as you are doing what your dr wants you to, to prevent another stroke. i wouldn't worry about it, that worry is probably causing your stress headaches. just relax and enjoy your new life with hubby when hes there. all will be OK. i send you (((((((hugs)))))) and you are in my daily prayers

Thank you. I couldn't remember if I had already posted about this before, sorry if I have. Hubby will be retiring soon so I won't have to worry so much about being alone soon. I think it is the constant headaches that I have to deal with that bother me. My son said I called him and an online friend told me that I had complained of a really bad headache right before my first stroke. I will try not to worry so much, but it is in my nature to do it anyway. Hope everyone is doing well, hugs.

Hi Diane, You say your mom is manager of apts where you live. Couldn't you go keep her company, maybe help out in the office.That would pass the time for you and you wouldn't be alone. Just a thought. Its what I would do and have done. Take care Diane,

mc

Hi Diane

Yes most of us worry about another stroke it is just natural to have those thoughts, but after a while it should ease up. But do not ignore signs that are happening if you have bad headaches go see your doctor about them most likely he will prescribe something for them, then you will be able to relax more

Better days ahead

Allan

I am sorry for the way you are feeling. The only thing that truly helps me when I am feeling what you are explaining is prayer. God is carrying me through everyday. I just turn my life over to him. I also try to keep negative words, thoughts away from me. When I had my two TIA's the only thing I kept hearing the nurse and drs saying to me and my hubby is: no stress, think happy thoughts, stress can bring on another TIA. After that, I was scared to death. But, I had to just give it to God and try to stop that stinking thinking. It has been over a year and a half since my last TIA and I don't seem to be in the stress zone as much. I try to take each second a day at a time. When I worry and stress out, that is precious time I take from my day. SO, I hope you can kick that stress to the curb. I am keeping you in my prayers. Keep HOPE alive and before you know it, it will slip away. Are there neighbors in your apt complex that you could have visit you during the day?

Talk to you Physician, maybe they can help you.

God Bless, Hugs, Jan

Believe In Miracles AND SOAR :hug:

Hi,

I am 3 and a half years post stroke and in my first year I worried I would have another all the time. It will pass. I was alone also so my husband and I thought it good I join a senior center two days a week. I was the youngest person there but at least I had someone to talk to and are they wonderful. I have a friend who is 87 and as young as ever when it comes to talking. You need to find something you can do at least two days a week. I don't know how your stroke affected you or how young you are but try to find something out of the house. Help your mother in some way. Make it a date for a hour or two. It will make you feel useful and take your mind off thinking about having another stroke. I also go to Curves to get some exercise 3 days a week. Good luck and hope to see you on chat.

Mary Goldberg

Stroked May 5, 2005

• 2 weeks later...

I am 5 years post stroke and I only worry when I have a bad day with a lot of pain and when I'm approaching my anniversary date (New Years Eve). Otherwise, I don't worry, I just try to take good care of myself.

Guest electric Heart

Yes, especially lately I have been having these intermitant searing pains in my head. Not a headache, just very localized but frightening. My LVAD itself poses risk of stroke so that is my worst fear. I am probably going into Mass General for a few days next week because of some recent cardiac events and I have told them about the head pain. I imagine they'll do a CT. I have so uch metal in my chest between pacemaker/defibrilator and pump, I can never have an MRI. So to make a long answer short, your damn straight Skippy. scared as heck.

Ally

• ksmith pinned this topic