VERY SAD

I AM VERY SAD .MY LIFE BEFORE THE STROKE WAS BUSY LOTS TO DO MY MOM TO TAKE CARE OF SHE DIDNT NEED CARE IT WAS JUST NICE SEEING SHE WAS HAPPY. I ALSO HAD A FULL TIME JOB THAT I LOVED. I WORKED WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE. NOW I STILL CANT GO ANY WHERE WITH OUT HELP . I HAVE A WONDERFULL MOM.BUT SOME TIME SHE CANT UNDER STAND I GET SO SAD AND CAN NOT BE THE SAME PERSON .BECAUSE I AM NOT HER AND LIFE IS VERY DIFFERENT FUR ME . I ONLY HAVE MY LEFT SIDE WORKING. MY RIGHT SIDE IS THE SIDE WITH ALMOST NO WORKING PARTS SO I SOME TIMES WONDER WHY IM HERE. ITS HARD NOT HAVING ANY ONE TO TALK TO.SO THANKS FOR LETTING ME SAY ALL THIS.

Hi Silly Bunnie, Yes I understand that it is very hard to have your life changed so drastically. You are sad and have every right to be but you have come to the right place where you can vent to people who truly understand what you are going through. Here, you will make friends who will love nothing better than share with you their road to recovery. May I suggest you get more involved here. Come meet everyone in chat and make friends who are themselves stuck in a life they did not ask for. You are welcome to vent anytime you wish, Tke care, I wish you all the best and I look forward to meeting you in live chat.

mc

Bunny,

I'm sorry you are so sad and feel so all alone. I understand what you mean. I also worked with a lot of people prestroke. Looking forward to seeing them everyday almost becomes a means of socializing. That's another great value of this site. As you begin to visit regularly and get to know people the same thing happens. It becomes a social thing for you. You'll start to make friends,will have people to talk to and hang out with. You probably will also find another thing will start to happen. You won't be so sad anymore.This is really a great community of people which you'd very likely enjoy very much who would more than welcome you as a friend to hang with.

hi silly bunny,

love your site name...and glad to see you still can be silly. life is different after stroke and it takes time and effort to regroup and figure our new lives. i understand your sadness. you have had a big loss! 3.5 years after my stroke i still get sad but not like at first. it does get better.

this site is great and is a wonderful place to make new friends and know that the people here really do understand. please keep posting and join us in chat...you will like it for sure. also try reading our blogs and write one yourself. i look forward to knowing you better and remember, you are not alone. kathy

Joann,

I too am sorry to hear you re sad and lonely. It can be frustrating when those around us do not understand what are saying or we believe they do not because to us we do sound different. We can be our own worse critics; I know I'm my worst critic. Here at Stroke Net no one is alone. Granted we cannot speak face to face with one another but we're still here for one another.

We had another member Gramma/Diana who posted a link to a site. Here is the link to that thread: http://www.strokeboard.net/index.php?showtopic=12071&hl= Diana's post talked about feeling lonely. She included a link to a site that makes suggestions on overcoming lonliness.

Please know that we are all here for you. You can also private message (pm) fellow members or use the im to contact fellow members who are also on site.

Chin up - As you live in sunny CA, perhaps you can find somethings to do outdoors. When I get down in the dumps, I find that if I keep myself busy doing small extra things I may not normally do, my mood improves. For me, I get lots of enjoyment from this site. Not a day goes by that I do not read something that will bring a smile or a chuckle to me. Our live chats are terrific for that.

(((hugs)))

Hi SillyBunnie. It's nice to meet you **hi** but, bless your heart, I'm sorry you're so down. As the others have said though, you've come to the right place. I'm fairly new here, but already I'm getting to know a lot of fantastic people and they are drawing me out of my shell.

I had my stroke about 2

Bunny,

I wish I knew the magic thing to say or place to visit to get something on the subject. However being here does help me. I try to visit most days and read around the message board. That takes up some of your time and the loneliness.

hi silly bunny:

your post reminded me of my initial posts when I constantly felt sad & questions why did I survive stroke to b in this position. now fastforward 5 years & I am very happy & content in my life. My life is filled with lot of things including stay at home mom,wife & student ( I keep on signing myself up for new subjects which prestroke did not have time to learn & ofcourse volunteering at redcross, my son's school & on this site. the best thing I did for myself is stick around this site check out blogs, live chat. this site is filled up with wonderful people, you will be proud to be friends with.

Asha(39 yo survivor)

hi silly bunnie. please don't feel sad and all alone. we don't want you unhappy. i do understand your feelings though, i think we all felt that way after our strokes. thats why our CEO steve mallory developed this site for caregivers and survivors to meet and socialize and have fun. so jump on the bandwagon and join us in a chat. share your feelings and thoughts with us, we all do care. it does get better with time. the others are right as well. i am glad you found us, sorry it had to be because of the stroke monster though. i hope to get to know you better. starting a blog might be fun for you too.

Dear SillyBunny:

I am glad you are here with us. You have found a place where you an come and share your ups and

downs. We don't judge one another, only God can do that. You shared some very deep thoughts

questioning why are you even here. Everything you stated, I felt and said the same thing. I am a Brain

Stem Stroke Survivor. That last word SURVIVOR, that is what you are. Take it and embrace it. You are here, like I and so many others here, because it wasn't our time to go .... When things seem so down and

you are just feeling you can't go on another day, that is when You have to pick up yourself and say to

yourself, I had the stroke that beast doesn't have me. Don't give in to the Beast. No, we don't like it, but it happened. I choose not to waste precious time giving in to it. I fought way toooo long and hard to beat

the odds. I was on the edge of death more than once during my battle. My work on this earth isn't done

yet. There is a reason I survived. Has my life changed? YES A MILLION PER CENT. But, I can still make

contributions to society. I am on this journey to learn lessons and share with others.

I am praying for you.

Take life a second at a time. God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can't change, the courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom.....

There's nothing to it but to do it

Hugs,

Jan

Believe In Miracles and SOAR :friends:

When in doubt, look up

sillybunnie I wish I had some magic dust to sprinkle over all of us, I dont. I am a two year survivor and I want you to know that you have come to right place. No one can possibly understand like we and our life partners and care givers do. When I came here I was grateful to be alive yet there was something missing when it seemed no one understood. Now that I have found survivors like myself I am complete because I know I am not alone and there are those here that understand how I have come so far since I found strokenet, because like me they have traveled this road themselves. They keep me laughing most of the time. You will find true friends here, not necessarily sympathy (who wants any one feeling sorry for them anyway) What you fill find is empathy and that makes life so worth living. I am willing to promise you that if you stay with us and share our journey and allow us to share yours ..... you will soon be a part of a whole once again. Hugs to you Karen

Sillybunnie, I love that nick, solight hearted. I understand how you feel, I want to share a book with you that has reallyhelped me its called "I will not be broken, by Jerry White.. please read it as soon as you can. We all know how you feel and here for you.. Ann from Kentucky yeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwww! keep on keepin on!

Ann

Stroke Warrior

Hi Silly Bunnie,

I was 70 yo when I was stricken by the monster stroke. I had to go through the grieving process because of losing the person I was. I was sad much of the time. Finding this site made a world of difference in my life.

Welcome and come to chat if you can. Click on 'stroke support' at the top and you will find the chat schedule. Also, there is a blog community where you can vent as much as you want. You will find that under 'stroke support' also.

Vi

Hi Sillybunnie.....

I know that lonely feeling.....and it disappeared last May when I joined Strokenet....

Have you tried the Real Time Chat....?

That's more like actually yakking with people....

You get a group of people in a "room", and because the response is so quick, you can carry on a conversation that flows...It's "live"...

There's a Chat Schedule you can access at the top of the page that shows when the scheduled chats are happening on a calendar...

Or....if you want to, you can set up to meet someone at the Chat and have your own...

Give it a try....

Hi Silly Bunny,

I'm sorry you are sad, but your life isn't over - it can be a new beginning and and an exciting one too. I am 5 years post stroke and a better person than I was prior to my stroke. Yes, I do occasionally have down moments, though not often; but then I had those before my stroke. I live alone and count my blessings that I can. At one time I was completely paralyzed on my left side, in a wheelchair and on many medications. Now, even though I don't have fine motor skills in my hand, I can still use it, I can walk and I can drive. So, it DOES GET BETTER. I know it's a slowwwwwwwww process but so what! Just try and explore all the things you didn't have time to do. Give yourself something to look forward to every day. I look forward to my coffee in the morning, a few tv shows like American Idol and Animal Planet shows, planning what I'm having for dinner each night, talking to my best friend and my daughters, a glass of wine at night and playing the Michigan lottery every day. :D These are small things but It seems I don't have enough time in each day. Before I know it, I'm sleepy and it's bedtime. Don't expect people to understand, even those that love you - THEY CAN'T - You just get on with the business of doing what makes you happy - not sad - Ok. virtual hugs to you.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hostjoy

Dear Bunnie,

I am so sorry for what you are going through! I can not really relate because I am a caregiver. You have already gotten the best suggestions from the other members...please do join us in chat and don't worry about typing too slow, I'm slow too! I look forward to hearing from you again and talking with you in chat too. I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless you!...........joy

• 3 weeks later...

You survived for a reason! We have to create our own happiness. Will your life ever be the same as it was before? Highly doubtful but in no way does that mean you cant live and long and happy life! Create a new life and stop mourning the life you use to have. I know its tough. Its the hardest thing you will ever do but there is life after stroke! We just have to find it.

• ksmith pinned this topic