I had a seizure .....

I had a seizure last Saturday, BUT for the first time I did not go to the hospital! My wife got to me in time with med's. I went to sleep for two hours and then woke up and the seizure had gone except for a headache. I have gotten nine seizure since my stroke, six in the past years. Perhaps my seizure are starting to decline.

Hi Chuck,

Another seizure - wow - glad to hear the meds caught it in time and you did not have to go to the hospital. You are in my thoughts and prayers that the frequency of seizures is starting to decline now. Maybe you are "outgrowing" them. Take care and continue to feel better.

Chuck,

Sorry to hear you had a seizure, but I'm glad it was caught in time. Getting over having it takes forever and is almost as bad as having it. Ironically I was just thinking the other day I wonder if I really still need my seizure meds or I could get by without them. Nah I think I'll keep popping them ~ you never really get over it. I'm really happy you missed that one. Be well friend. Take care and keep in touch.

Maria

I had a first ever seizure on January 10th. Was hospitalized two days with all negative findings, including brain MRI anf EEG It was said perhaps to be because I had stopped taking the drug Lyrica abruptly without tapering off it. I think it was very frighteninbg and hope for NO

I had a first ever seizure on January 10th. Was hospitalized two days with all negative findings, including brain MRI anf EEG It was said perhaps to be because I had stopped taking the drug Lyrica abruptly without tapering off it. I think it was very frighteninbg and hope for NO more! I was given Ativan by a Neurologist to take at the first hint of seizure and told I can drive when 30 seizure-free days have passed So am doing better as I begin my third year post stroke Best to you and all good wishes for your continued seizure-free status Me too!

Susan

Chuck, I and my mom ae new, and she had her first seizure since her second stroke in Aug. It was very scary for me because i found her having it. Did you have any weakness from it. She has been in the hospital/rehab since Jan 22 and is still there. Her neuro. said that having temp waekness/parlaysis is normal and should return to basline, but MRI showed another small stroke in addition to the seizures. i am having a hard time coping as well.

Chuck, I and my mom ae new, and she had her first seizure since her second stroke in Aug. It was very scary for me because i found her having it. Did you have any weakness from it. She has been in the hospital/rehab since Jan 22 and is still there. Her neuro. said that having temp waekness/parlaysis is normal and should return to basline, but MRI showed another small stroke in addition to the seizures. i am having a hard time coping as well.

Hang in there it sounds like you did good. I think I'm on the seizure meds the rest of my life for sure. I started having anywhere from 1 to 8 seizures per day about 3 months after my strokes in October 2005. My meds keep them in check, I have a few, small break through seizures every once in a while but they are not too bad. After they hit I'm a bit confused and very nauseous but that is about it. I'm as high as I can go on the med so the wife and I learn to live with them just like you and your wife are doing.

Hey Alpine,

Just wanted to put it out there that there are many different anti-seizure meds out there. If you are maxed out on the dosage you are on, you may want to consider trying a new one. My husband had break though seizures for 2 years on trileptal (they would increase the dose after each one until he maxed out the dosage). The he switched to keppra and he never had another one (it's been two years seizure-free).

Just a thought!

Kristen

Chuck,

I've had a couple seizures in the last year too, I didn't have my first one untill I was 6 years post stroke and now I've had two in the last year, my doctor said mine was probably caused by the scarring on the brain and physical exhaustion by changing my work schedule from a dayshift schedule to a nightshift schedule, anyhow he put me on Keppra, which is an antiseizure medicine, used for eppilepsi.

God Bless,

tom

Archived