what do you do in order to as a hobbie?

lharrison

i was just wondering what kind of hobbies do you do that you enjoy to do ?or do you enjoy playing games? that iseasy to play with one handed? do you like going on the computer? or going on the chat line, ? i mean with all of the members out here, there should be enough ideas to last for a long time! so let me know what do you do? for hobbie? or for fun, thank you for the ideas

I especially enjoy using Google Earth, the free satellite imagery download. You just type in an address, and it will take you right to that address. It is really fun to just look up the places I have been. I also enjoy watching 'Cops', with the closed captioning on so I can get an address, and then look up the location. Just today, I found the house in Buffalo, NY where the Continental flight crashed into. It was actually a good therapy for me because it really helped my spacial perspective.

I also enjoy Solitaire (Sol Suite, is very good), and doing crossword puzzles. I like the USA Today' crosswords the best. :yadayada:

lenny:

if I am bored I chat with my strokent buddies on yahoo IM, though with my wifey, motherly duties I get less time for that. I also love doing sudoku on computer. it gives my brain great exercise.

Asha

My favorite activity would have to be riding my trike. I just came in the house after riding to my mom's house to visit with her.Short trip,about2 miles. I recently had some medical problems,bypass in the left leg and the middle toe amputated on the same side. I will be back! Last summerI had a blast, :D ,I went to a couple outdoor craft shows and rode the trike around. Even with crowds it worked real well.Had a vacation on Ocracoke Island NC ,what a great place to ride! My wife and oldest daughter had a craft booth set up at the Ocrafolk festival, ended up riding all over the small town.I even went to a small grocery store to get ice.We camped for 5 days at a National seashore campground, I used the trike to go to the bathroom and shower. They were close, but not close enough for me to walk to! I roll better than I walk lol. I was riding almost everyday, hopefully Iwill again. Good luck finding new hobbies, hope this helps. Keep on rollin......sam

I love to write Poetry and stories. I also love to play games on the computer... they help me with my "Brain exercise" and I like to keep up with my friends on StrokeNet. I also love visiting with my little friends who live across the street from me. They are my adopted grandkids and I enjoy them so much. I also keep up with my own grandchildren. We don't get to see them much as they live about an hour or so from us. Wish it could be more, we can't go up there as their homes are not accessible for me and my wheelchair.

But, thankfully, I can speak with them via the computer and telephone. So, as long as I can be in touch that way, they are present in my life.

I also am busy with my Bible Study every Monday. If you look around, you can find ways to keep you busy and off the streets playing in traffic. :roflmao:

Believe In Miracles and SOAR Hugs, Jan

I love to read; my daughter goes to the local library for me and brings home books for me. Computering keeps me occupied. I love computer games.

I always loved to cook but now one-handed certain cooking is difficult. I do what I can and do enjoy it still.

As it generally takes longer to do things to begin with, that helps to pass the time.

I'm like Donna and love to read. I make good use of our local public library. If there's a new book out that I'd enjoy reading, they will usually order it for me. They also have tons of magazines and after I first had my stroke, my daughter would drop me and I'd stay there and read for several hours. I also mingled with others so it was good at that time for me to socialize.

Today I volunteer and watch our grandson two days a week. In the spring and summer, I garden,

hi lenny,

good question! i too love to read and visit our library every week. i also play scrabble on my computer...i am dedicated to beating my computer each day! i also walk my dog, and care for my kittys. i have tried writing a bit and taken a couple of drawing classes and painting classes. now, i am no good at these activities but i do them for myself and my pleasure. i also love to quilt but have kept things very simple since my stroke. i am looking forward to a bit of gardening come the warm weather. then i help out on site a bit and my days are fairly full....not to mention laundry and such.

if there is something you enjoy or want to learn about i say go for it...now you have the time . kathy

Just to be different...

I am offfering this to make y'all smile.......Throw stones at little kids, its harder with a stroke hand and boy are they quick.....Besides it is exercise by bending over to get a rock, using the stroke hand and seems you have to set your sight/lead about 3 feet in front of them to get a good strike....

Throwing darts with your stroke hand...Whoops, sorry kitty.....

To all and in every on of us somewhere there is a clown. They are there to makes us smile and see the world in a different vision. I enjoy making light of my bi-lateral brain stemmers. I mean, what else should I do, be mean and rotten to the world? Nahhhhh, Let me give hope and laughter is what I do...

I found this on you tube

Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy. This was the last video taken of them. Stan had just had his stroke, yes he had a stroke, and the weight lost by Oliver Hardy was phenominal.....Yet Stan is still the funny man.....Half way through the film is a shot of him walking to a table.....You can see the stroke "limp".....God Bless the Clowns !!

I LIKE TO PLAY VERAL YAHOO POOL ON THE INTERNET, I LIKE THE CONPERTISION STUFF I PLAY MAJORIE, AND CHECKER, I AM SCARE TO LEARN CHESS TO MUCH,THINKING GET ME TIRER, I LOVE THE CHAT ROOM ON STROKENET OR MYSPACE YOU FIND NEW FRIEND, AND COMPARE PROBLEM SOLVING THING.

I LOVE to read and collect books. Autobiograpies and biographies are my favorite. I paint and draw when the creative spirit hits me though it hasn't lately. I belong to the Retired Senior Volunteer Program in which I call seniors who are homebound and need someone to talk to or simply check on them once a week. My volunteer day is every Tuesday. Of course the computer is a great virtual companion and I use it each nite to play games, keep up with the latest news and check my email accounts with the several dating sites I belong to. I'm single so it's lots of fun. I like gourmet cooking and often make a big production of setting a formal place for myself at the dining room table, putting on a nice lounge outfit, turning on antiques roadshow and sitting down to a gourmet meal I experimented cooking. That's how I relax and have fun.

• 1 month later...

Fishing - when it's warm... ice fishing is for the birds! (penguins)

Gardening

Artwork

Webpage design (hoping to turn this profitable, not just a hobby, soon)

Archived