Not a stroke but complex migraine

I don't really know how to begin this thread... I joined this forum on 8 feb 09 after having been diagnosed with two small strokes.

This of course turned my life upside down not to say the least the physical and mental affects that ensued... I found here in this

forum nothing but the greatest love and understanding support for which I am truly blessed and humbled by you all. Recently I was

re-admitted to hospital due to increased slurring, confusion and weakness rightside. During the 4 day they gave me 3 spinal taps, another

MRI and a boat load of other tests to which the list is endlist. The neurologist is baffled because he conclusivelyruled out stroke and any other diseases

such as MS and on.. after referal to other neuro's they came up with a new diagnosis as complex migrane with hemiparalisis which mimicks stroke like symtoms...they started me on anti seizure meds a few days ago hoping the misfiring neurons in my brain will subside and resolve rightside issues

which have become quite transient. I don't know if this is good bye for me at this forum but I feel so connected to you all.

My cyber-love goes out to you all....

Arthur

Guest Hostjoy

Dear Arthur,

Welcome to StrokeNet. You will find the longer you stick around, the more you like it and all the wonderful people here. Know that you are not alone and we are all here for you. I look forward to hearing more from you! :) God Bless you!..........Joy

hi arthur, i am saddened to hear you are experiencing more problems post stroke. hopefully the meds will help you, if not get a 3rd opinion. i hope you plan to stay on with us. we won't stop helping you now. please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Hi Arthur...

Wow...A migraine that mimics stroke after effects....!

I know they can do all kinds of weird things.......

Hey....you still had the two little strokes before....Little strokes are often the signpost of bigger things coming.......So StrokeNet's resources are still relevant to you....

Anyway, I think it would be of general interest to find out about you beating this new thing, when you do....Migraine is pretty much a vascular thing in your brain, too....

Hang around at least long enough, to update folks....

Better yet, stay....See above....<G>....

The understanding support is what StrokeNet is all about....

Yes gofigure....the original two small stroke diagnosis has been withdrawn by neurologist.

after completing the closed MRI as opposed to open MRI...but yes this thing called complex

migraine is a trip...I will keep you posted. He said my neurons were firing pretty hard and

the anti seizure meds should slow them down and prevent migraines.

Arthur

Guest electric Heart

wow! What an ordeal! Obviously many of your neurons are firing just fine if with all of that you've found this forum....took me almost 2 years! Best wishes Arthur for a full recovery.

Ally

Arthur,

That MRI did the trick, now they know what is happening and I hope the meds they gave you will get you in a zone you can feel lots better about. It sure is better to know what the heck is going on with your body instead of wild guessing. That causes more worry.

I got my results today and they are not sure what is causing my problem with my hand, fingers and arm.

Archived