Hi Allan....

I'm sorry to hear that, but you have to focus on your recovery, and take it easy...

I, for one, miss your presence on the boards....

Come back as you can, and as hard as it is for you not to do it...don't push too hard...

Care....

Hi Allan,

You have been through so so much dear friend and have tried to push all to the extreme. Please stop trying to be macho man and take care of yourself. Know that we are always here for you and love you so. You are daily in my thoughts and prayers.

Huge (((HUGS))) coming to Australia for you.

Sorry to hear about the fatigue Allan, you will be missed but hopefully when you recover some, you will be back. we will keep our fingers crossed. Take care Allan, see you soon,

mc

allan, you know how sorry i am to hear this, but i do understand and only want the best for you and your health is the most important thing you have to concentrate on now. listen to your body and quit pushing yourself so hard. we want you around for many years to come. take care of yourself and if you need to rest 15hours a day, so be it, just do it. you will be missed but hopefully you will be up to it at a later date. god bless and be well alan. keep in touch as you feel up to it. you will always be in my thoughts and prayers.

(((((((hugs)))))))))

kimmie

Feeling fatigue is a gross understatement it's more like being drugged. Recovering from the surgery takes a tremendous amount of work and energy. The best way for your body to do that is to sleep. The good news is it will lessen over time, but it will take a long time. After a while you won't feel like so weak and out of it, just normal stroke fatigue. In the meantime, we'll be here waiting for ya!

Love,

Maria

Dear Allan, Your number one priority is...........YOU. Sleep and rest and focus on your recovey. You are loved here, and have been such a Great inspiration to others.

Please feel free to pop into chats and say Hello when u feel up to it. Know there are prayers and warm thoughts from the "gang" here.

We will miss you, but we only want what is BEST for you.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) from Washington to Australia. :cloud9: I know the kitties like snuggling up and napping with you.

Bonnie

Guest Hostjoy

Dear Allan,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time of things. Please try to take good care of yourself and come back to us as soon as you can! You will be greatly missed! You will be in my heart and in my prayers. As you are able, please keep us updated on your progress. God Bless you , Allan.........Joy

Dear Allan:

So many ways you have touched this group of ours

So much inspiration you have given to so many

So much honesty to give others HOPE

So much LOVE shared

You mean so much to all of us

Your news today has affected all of us

But we understand and know you must take of yourself

We won't say Goodbye, We will just say Dear Friend, See You Later

When you are up to it, we hope you will stop by

you will always have a spot with us here at StrokeNet

Your lessons of Stroke Life and Journey are a part of us now and we will continue the journey with you

and ask God to keep carrying you and lend you his helping hand as he always does

God knows how much you mean to us

You are one of his finest creations

You will be the brighest star I will say goodnight to each night and send a hug and special prayer to you

God Bless you, my dear friend, Allan

Hugs n Love,

Jan

Believe In Miracles And SOAR

P.S. thank you for all you did for us here, you sure have been a wonderful teacher

I will miss you...... :friends:

Guest j&jsdad

hey allan,

you were one of the first people to welcome me when i came here. you opened the door, and opened your heart when my sorry face showed up and i will NEVER forget that. i thank you for your presence. i am here to tell you, at least for me, whether or not your net name is showing on the board, your presence is still here for me. always will be.

so stop in when you can, but first and foremost take care of you.

you are quite the warrior in my eyes, friend.

even warriors, . . .especially warriors, need their rest.

take care friend.

We all will miss you but lay low, get better and will see you later.

hi allan,

the number one focus now is your health and recoveyr! stroke causes fatigue and surgery only adds to it. like so many here on site i understand. for me, after my stroke and heart surgery is was like moving through molasses. i slept and sleep heals.

just remember that whenever you do feel like logging on we will all be hear and happy that you are dropping by. also, it does get better with time...so do what you are doing....care for yourself. hugs to you my friend! kathy

(((Hugs))) coming to you up north. Not a lot to add except I always enjoyed our talks so much.

I know you are truly loved here by many you have touched in some way.

I agree, even warriors need their rest.

Sue.

Allan ol' downunder pal....

Look at all the warm responses to your post. You indeed are a very lucky man and well respected.....One can only do what they can. I just underwent some nasty emergency surgery and feel for you. My Aunt Matilda could whoop me if I had an Aunt Matilda. OK, Donna and Kim could whoop me !!!!! Now that is tragic.

Your a great soul Allan......Keep the "attitude" and fight......

Hi Allan: All we can do is our best and you have proved that. I suffer from fatique but probably not quite as crippling as you. It is one of the results of stroke that robs us of our life and the ability to do what we want to do. I've worked a lot this year on acceptance of how it is - facing reality, facing facts. It does not mean I have to like it. So stay upbeat when you are awake and do the best you can. We'll welcome you anytime you can make it to chat. (((((((((Hugs))))))))))) from Leah

I know how you feel! GO TO BED! *tucks you in* ;)

In case the "regulars" were wondering where I've been the last couple months... I've been joining Allan! Sleeping about 15 hours a day too. Get up to eat, bathroom and check E-mail, putter around with the cats.

I also HATE the cold, so don't go outside much during winter, therefore I really have no reason to get going. I told my doctor I'm hibernating! He said that was okay, except when it gets warmer, he wants me up and movin' around more. Gotta get strong for surgery I'm probly gonna have next year.

Now, if only that foot of snow on the ground outside, will go away so I can stop procrastinating...

Archived