MY MOM GETTING READY FOR SURGERY

HI EVERYONE,

IT'S BEEN YET ANOTHER LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON HERE TO UPDATE THINGS. I HAVE BEEN BUSY HELPING MY MOM GET READY FOR HER HYSTERECTOMY. SHE HAS HAD SO MANY THIS AND THAT'S TO GET READY, BUT I AM GLAD BECAUSE I WANT HER SAFE AS POSSIBLE. TURNS OUT WE ARE GOING TO A HOSPITAL DOWN IN BALTIMORE FOR THIS, INSTEAD OF HARFORD COUNTY(WE ARE IN MARYLAND), AND I DO FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT THAT. THEY ARE WAY MORE ADVANCED AND KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT STROKE PATIENTS. ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO AND IN CHECK FOR THE SURGERY ON THIS FRIDAY. SHE HAS BEEN OFF OF HER BLOOD THINNERS SINCE LAST SATURDAY AND THAT HAS BEEN SCARY BUT SO FAR SO GOOD. I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER BECAUSE TODAY AND TOMORROW SHE HAS TO DO A LIQUID DIET AND PREP TOMORROW AS IF SHE WERE HAVING ANOTHER COLONOSCOPY! SHE JUST GOT HER EATING STRAIGHTENED OUT AND HAS BEEN DOING SO GOOD. APPETITE VERY GOOD AND SPIRITS ARE VERY GOOD. I AM PROBABLY MORE NERVOUS THAN SHE IS!! SO, ONCE AGAIN WE ARE GOING INTO BATTLE AND I WILL UPDATE EVERYONE AS SOON AS I CAN ON HER RECOVERY. I FEEL PRETTY CONFIDENT ABOUT THINGS, HOWEVER, IT HURTS ME SO BAD TO SEE HER HAVE TO GO THROUGH SOMETHING ELSE. ME AND MY MOM ARE LIKE BEST FREINDS AS WELL AS MOTHER DAUGHTER. I FEEL LIKE WE HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO GET OVER THE STROKE AND NOW THIS. I GUESS YOU NEVER REALLY EVER GET OVER THE TRAUMATIC SIGHT OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE HAVING AND RECOVERING FROM A STROKE. I NEVER WILL!!! I KNOW THIS WILL BE ROUGH ON HER, BUT IF EVERYTHING GOES AS PLANNED WITH NO CHEMO OR RADIATION AFTERWARDS, I BET THIS WILL BE AN EASIER RECOVERY THAN THE STROKE. PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR HER ON YET THIS NEW JOURNEY IN HOPES THE SURGERY WILL TAKE CARE OF IT AND SHE CAN GO ON WITH HER LIFE AND ENJOY EVERYTHING TO THE FULLEST. I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING WELL AND AGAIN THANKS FOR LISTENING AND YOUR WORDS OF COMFORT.

SHEILA

Shelia,

My prayers are with your mom and you. I can understand your concerns for her having more surgery being a stroke survivor too.

I have been a husband of wives who had that surgery. I'm sure you have made certain it is needed in your mom's case. Because so many times that surgery is suggested by doctors but not really needed for various reasons. I hope you all did check out everything to insure it is needed.

Sheila,

My thoughts and prayers are with your Mom and you as you both, in your own way, face her upcoming surgery. May our Ultimate Physician guide the surgeons hands, may all go as planned.

I also pray for her successful recovery. Please keep in mind that they say it takes strokers 3X the normal time to heal after surgery or illness. Take it one day at a time and know that we are here to support and encourage both of you.

Sheila: I am praying for you and your precious Mom and just know God is carrying you through this. He is holding her in his loving arms. Say, I am in Maryland..... Are you at U of MD or John Hopkins? If you would like to send me a pm and leave your phone number, I would be more than happy to call you and pray with you and just be there as you are waiting for her while she is in surgery or just to have someone if you need someone to talk to. Let me know. In a few weeks, you both will look back on this and think, wow, look how far we have come.

God Bless you both, It is wonderful you both have such a beautiful relationship. That in it self is such a Blessing, Hugs, Jan

Brain Stem Stroke Survivor, 11/03

Believe In Miracles And SOAR

sheila, i too will be praying for your mom, she is one tough gal to have gone through so much already. i will pray for her surgeons hands to be guided through the surgery and i'm sure they will be on high alert because of her stroke status. tell her we are praying for her next battle, to come out a victor. god bless you both . keep us updated as best you can. hugs to you both. you are a great daughter and friend to your mom.

Guest Hostjoy

Dear Sheila,

I too will keep your dear Mother and you in my prayers. I pray the Lord will watch over her during and after her surgery and that she will have a wonderful recovery. I pray that she will recooperate with no complications. And I thank him that you may be with her-I know that is a big relief to both of you. May the Lord Bless and keep you both!!.............Joy

UPDATE:

Hi all, I was in contact with Sheila today while her Mom was in surgery and I asked her if she would like me to Update the post to let you all know how she did and she said, Yes, please.

Her surgery was a little late getting started (don't most surgeries go that way?), She went down finally about 11:30am. It lasted a little over three hours, The great news is there is NO Lymph Node involvement, she will need No Chemo or Radiation. They went through her belly button for the surgery. She said Dr. Abbott was the best Surgeon she had ever met. He was very caring toward her and made sure every I was dotted and every T was crossed. She said her Mom, Shirley, is in pain but they are giving her something for that. Everyone is so happy this day and surgery is over and can't wait to bring her home.

She said to thank everyone for their Prayers and that she is very happy her former hospital told her about StrokeNet.

She will be stopping by. She is very impressed with the kindness of the group.

Another answer to prayer. Thank you all for supporting this wonderful family.

God Bless, Love n Hugs, Jan

There's nothing to it but to do it.

Believe in miracles and SOAR

HI EVERYONE,

IT'S BEEN YET ANOTHER LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE BEEN ON HERE TO UPDATE THINGS. I HAVE BEEN BUSY HELPING MY MOM GET READY FOR HER HYSTERECTOMY. SHE HAS HAD SO MANY THIS AND THAT'S TO GET READY, BUT I AM GLAD BECAUSE I WANT HER SAFE AS POSSIBLE. TURNS OUT WE ARE GOING TO A HOSPITAL DOWN IN BALTIMORE FOR THIS, INSTEAD OF HARFORD COUNTY(WE ARE IN MARYLAND), AND I DO FEEL MUCH BETTER ABOUT THAT. THEY ARE WAY MORE ADVANCED AND KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT STROKE PATIENTS. ALL SYSTEMS ARE GO AND IN CHECK FOR THE SURGERY ON THIS FRIDAY. SHE HAS BEEN OFF OF HER BLOOD THINNERS SINCE LAST SATURDAY AND THAT HAS BEEN SCARY BUT SO FAR SO GOOD. I FEEL SO BAD FOR HER BECAUSE TODAY AND TOMORROW SHE HAS TO DO A LIQUID DIET AND PREP TOMORROW AS IF SHE WERE HAVING ANOTHER COLONOSCOPY! SHE JUST GOT HER EATING STRAIGHTENED OUT AND HAS BEEN DOING SO GOOD. APPETITE VERY GOOD AND SPIRITS ARE VERY GOOD. I AM PROBABLY MORE NERVOUS THAN SHE IS!! SO, ONCE AGAIN WE ARE GOING INTO BATTLE AND I WILL UPDATE EVERYONE AS SOON AS I CAN ON HER RECOVERY. I FEEL PRETTY CONFIDENT ABOUT THINGS, HOWEVER, IT HURTS ME SO BAD TO SEE HER HAVE TO GO THROUGH SOMETHING ELSE. ME AND MY MOM ARE LIKE BEST FREINDS AS WELL AS MOTHER DAUGHTER. I FEEL LIKE WE HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO GET OVER THE STROKE AND NOW THIS. I GUESS YOU NEVER REALLY EVER GET OVER THE TRAUMATIC SIGHT OF SOMEONE YOU LOVE HAVING AND RECOVERING FROM A STROKE. I NEVER WILL!!! I KNOW THIS WILL BE ROUGH ON HER, BUT IF EVERYTHING GOES AS PLANNED WITH NO CHEMO OR RADIATION AFTERWARDS, I BET THIS WILL BE AN EASIER RECOVERY THAN THE STROKE. PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR HER ON YET THIS NEW JOURNEY IN HOPES THE SURGERY WILL TAKE CARE OF IT AND SHE CAN GO ON WITH HER LIFE AND ENJOY EVERYTHING TO THE FULLEST. I HOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING WELL AND AGAIN THANKS FOR LISTENING AND YOUR WORDS OF COMFORT.

SHEILA

Your Mom has already gone through hell and back, she'll get through this. Kathleen and I will say a prayer for her quick recovery. Take care, you sound more stressed than Mom.

:friends:Hi Sheila, Just wanted to say I pray your Mom, Shirley, is feeling better and better each second of the day. I am so greatful her surgery went so well and you were able to be there for her. She is blessed to have such a loving daughter and you are so blessed to have such a wonderful mother. Know I am praying for you and your family. Give Shirley my best ... Have a great weekend. Prayers are powerful and your mom is a Miracle. A true gift from God. Please give us an update when you get a chance. Thanks.

God Bless my friend,

Love n Hugs, Jan

There's Nothing To IT BUT To Do It

Believe In Miracles And SOAR

Archived