Mom passing away

I posted here before when my mom had her stroke. Since then, she was in a rehab center and she was doing remarkably well. My mom was eating, speaking, walking by herself a little, remembering a lot, and almost normal. In fact, the rehab center was speaking to me about bringing her home overnight to see how she would do. That week, I set up Saturday to bring her home and take her back on Sunday. However, on Wednesday I received a call stating that my mom fell in the shower and she would be taken to the hospital. Later that day, I received another call from her doctor saying that there was massive bleeding in her head and that there was no hope for recovery. On March 12, 2009, I made the decision to take her off life support and I said my final words to her.

My mom was a fighter until the end. Every time I saw her, she had a smile on her face. I tried my best to keep her comfortable. I did her laundry every week even if I had college schoolwork to do. I managed to visit her as much as I could.

Her passing was probably the best for her. Life after coming back home would be dull, boring, and frustrating for her. It would take a lot of effort for her to begin doing her normal activities like driving and working. She was a very independent woman who hated being in the house. She always wanted to go out. I know that where ever she is, she is happy and she is watching me. I will miss her very much.

I really appreciate this forum for the support and information I got from the other members. Life after a stroke is tough for everyone, but the moments when everyone is together should still be cherished. Thank you all for your support and I will pray for everyone.

And, we will pray for you, too. Your mother was fortunate to have you in her life.

I am sorry for your loss. Your mom is now your guardian angel watching and caring for you.

Thank you for posting and keeping us updated.

I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. She truly had a loving son who was very devoted to her and

her needs and I am sure you know how happy she was that you were there for and with her. I will be

keeping you in my prayers as I know you have a lot of emotions you are going through. You can rest in

the fact that she is out of pain and up in Heaven. You have your very own :bow_arrow: Guardian Angel

watching over you. She will be sending you lil messages she is there for you, when the wind breezes

upon your face, that will be your Mom giving you a kiss. Things like that. Please stop by and let us know

how you are doing. God Bless, Hugs, Jan

Believe In Miracles And SOAR

Wes,

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. Your Mom is at peace now, watching over you and doing all the things in Heaven that she liked to do here I'm sure.

Please know that we are always here for you if you need someone to talk to.

Take care, (((hugs)))

Wes, so very sorry to hear of your mum's passing. I know however long or short your caregiver's journey is it is a monumental time for you. As the others have said like a good son you did what you could to the best of your ability and I am sure were everything your mum would have hoped for.

You will be in our thoughts and prayers as you continue on alone. Bless you for all you have done.

(((Hugs))) from Sue.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately, life is unpredictable. We have to treasure every day that we have because we never know when our end will come. Your mom was incredibly fortunate to have you in her life. Thanks for letting us know and God bless.

Guest Hostjoy

Dear Wes,

I am so very sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. I know you will miss her, a Mother's love is like no other. I'm sure she is still watching over you now, from Heaven. I know she was proud of you and felt lucky to have you as a son! You will be in my prayers. I pray the Lord will be with you and you will feel peace and know his love! Please keep us posted on how you are doing and come back to talk whenever you need to!. God Bless you!........Joy

I too am sorry to hear of your moms passing. You take care of yourself and I know your mom appreciated everything you did for her. :friends:

My condolences are with you and the many memories you have doing happy time will remain in your heart for years to come. My best to you and my prayers are sent.

Sorry to hear about your lost. Please know that your mom is looking down on you and she will be with you every step of the way. Also know that she is doing very well, walking, talking, and dancing where she is... no worries..

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.

Remember that she'll always be looking over your shoulder checking on you. You've become part of our family now, we're always here for you.

Archived