Dwight: What a blessing you have been to your Brother and Mom. I have always felt in the circle of life, the parent takes care of their child and as they grow in their older years, the child takes care of them. This is what you have done and in such a compassionate manner. I like your realm of thinking, She gave birth to you on August 26th and you are releasing her to her next journey on August 28th. Yes, you and your friends have a lot to celebrate when you gather. Your Mom's homecoming and celebration of her life, and your life and the many lessons you have learned throughout all of this journey.

I will be praying for you and yours. It will be wonderful to have friends and family with her when she passes. So much love for her in one room. Heck, you might have to take out the whole side of the building there. There will be so much love and positive energy going around. This can be a beautiful experience. Just go with the flow of things. Please whisper to her we will be here for you okay. Cuz you know we will be.

God Bless, Know you are doing the most loving thing for her because you love her so and want to honor her wishes. You have dotted all your i's and crossed all your t's. You have done your homework. Take care my friend.

Hugs, Jan

:friends:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jan, Kimmie and Donna,

I appreciate your encouragement to me and my family. It means a lot coming from you folks as you have dealt with stroke personally.

Yes, mom will become whole and healed again to start her new life. And yeah, we might have to knock down a wall in mom's hospice room to accommodate all the love that will be present and that will be sent to her.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Dwight

Dwight I love the son you are. I hope that one day my sons if called upon will be as loving and as strong and dedicated as you are. It is truly an honor that you shared this with us. My heart is so touched by your love and devotion Your friend Karen

Happy Birthday Dwight.

I love the picture of your Mom. She looks beautiful!! So lovely... I have read that sons that have great relationships with their Moms have a gift for making strong friendships with others. That is a gift that you got from your Mom. I know that you have great friendships...

I am glad that you are at peace with your decisions for your mom.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ruth

Dear Dwight:

This Date, years ago, a wonderful woman named Patsy gave birth to you and became your Mother. I am sure it was love at first look while holding you, her Baby Boy, and as your eyes met that Bond was formed. From that day forward, you became as one..... the family ties and bond began. She nutured and cared for you and taught you about lessons for your life. Know she loved you then and she loves you now and that love will never go away. So enjoy this Birthday and all the blessings that will always be there.

The greatest gift we can give to the world we love is to aspire to be the people we dream we can be and I feel you have done just that. I celebrate your life today, the one Patsy gave you. She gave the world a gift, Dwight. You are part of her legacy. Her love lives on in you.

:artist: Today on your Birthday may your canvas be filled with love, joy, peace and so much more and the love of family and friends.

:chat: :happybday: :wish:

Happy Birthday Dwight. Hugs, Jan

Dwight,

Your Mom would be so so very proud of you today and every day. Her journey will include, I'm positive, watching over you and your brother.

With your close friends and family by your side, rejoice that you were brought into this world by your loving Mom today, your birthday.

(((hugs))) - I too feel honored that you have shared with us.

Dwight, my thoughts are with you this week. Take care, my friend, and I will especially be thinking of you this Friday.

Thank you all for your comments and encouragement. They are greatly appreciated. It's funny how close we can feel as a community, even though most of us have not met. The miracle of the internet.

Today is Thursday. One more day. This week I've been preparing. Burned a beautiful CD of music for Friday -- from Pachelbel's Canon to Dixie Chicks "Landslide." I've learned how to lower the bar around mom's bed, in case people want to get closer to her, kiss her, hold her hand. I've learned where the vending machines are, the coffee machine, the cafeteria hours. Today I will go over with my ipod player to try out the music and let me preview it! I'm putting together a scrapbook of mom's pictures and some writings. I'm actually looking forward to Friday.

It's weird, when I went to see her yesterday, I was a little concerned. Her eyes were open again and looking around. At first I thought she was waking up but the nurse explained that even if she kept her eyes open, it would not be a quality of life for her. And she has opened her eyes before, often with little sense that she knows what is happening. The nurse encouraged me not to get cold feet. So now when I think about it -- I just think mom wants to see everyone for the last time when they visit her. And she wants to look her best and be alert. A good hostess!

Dwight

Dwight,

You've done well in the preparations to see your dear Mom off onto her next journey. She will move forward with grace and dignity.

I, for one, will be there on Friday - in spirit of course - to support you and your brother. Please remember we will continue to be here for you as long as you need us.

Take care and (((hugs)))

Hi friends,

I wanted to give you an update on things. As I write this it is Sunday night -- more than two days after mom was removed from ventilator. Three medical technicians entered the room to remove care. I was with ten of mom's friends and family.

The technicians first came in. They lifted mom forward in bed and her eyes opened for a moment. Then one person added morphine in thru her breathing tube opening.

Next they turned off the big machine that monitors all signs of life and rolled it out of the room. They removed the breathing machine. They attached just a single tube that provides oxygen without the pressure to breathe for her. It all seemed so final. She continues to breathe on her own for now. With time, her breath will become more shallow and faster.

She is not quite ready to let go of this life. I know it must be hard for someone like mom who loved life so much. I am chanting for her peaceful journey and transition.

On that first night, I stayed overnight at the hospice. I played music and tried to work on some writing. When she is ready...she will let go. I have told her it is ok to let go and everything will be all right. My brother and I will take care of each other. It is a Long Goodbye.

Dwight,

I pray your mom is at peace. I know she must be so proud of you and your brother. She raised 2 loving sons. :friends: May God Grant you all strength during this difficult time. :hug:

Dwight: You are teaching others lessons from your Mom even in the final moments of her life. You are teaching them how precious life truly is. What true love means and does.

How strong a person can be..... how friends can be "family" for those who have none.

Your Mom is truly one of a kind. A true diamond in the rough. You know you have been in my thoughts and prayers. Just go with it and it is in God's timing. I thank you for sharing Patsy with all of us. It is a true honor to be on this journey with you. All the best to you and yours.

Dwight: Just wanted to let you know I am still here praying for you and yours and sending positive energy ..... ~ Peace

Dwight,

Thank you for the update. Your dear Mom is not ready to leave just yet or God is not yet ready for her. Is there any family or friends who have not yet been to see her? I too hope that her exit is peaceful and pain free.

Dwight: After reading your post and reading Donna's response, she does raise a valid point. I know with my cancer work a few of the patients wouldn't let go.... they were waiting for someone special in their life who hadn't gotten there yet... Out of town for example, once they got there they passed very quickly.

Just thought I would share my experience with you.

I keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for the update. We are here for you.

hi dwight, i too have been thinking about you and your mother alot lately, as you have said, when she is ready she will let go. remember that hearing is the last thing to go when we pass. i offer you and your family comfort and peace in her final days. lots of ((((((hugs))))))

kimmie

Dwight,

Thanks for keeping us posted. I had been wondering how things were going. You and your mom continue to be in my prayers.

Stephanie (Stessie)

Thanks everyone for thinking of me and mom. As far as I can think -- mom has been visited by all the friends and family she would have liked to have seen. Including her big sister Kaye from California who was like a mother to her, and mom's twin sister, and my brother Clyde, and lots of friends and buddhists. It is always hard to say goodbye but she will do so when she's ready. I don't know what that moment will be like for me. But I have been preparing for a long time.

Even when she is gone, she will always be my mother.

:hug:

Dwight: You know what my friend, you couldn't have said it any better than this and this was exactly how I felt when my Mom died.

"Even when she is gone, she will always be my mother." No truer words could be spoken or felt.

She has taught you throughout your life, you have shared many moments in all walks of life. Your love has just grown each and every day. You have a lot of her qualities, attributes. She will be in your heart and mind forever. She has been blessed with a very caring, loving man who has done everything he can and think of to be there for his precious Mom.

You have taught many what the meaning of "Unconditional Love" means. Thank you for the lessons you are sharing with us here.

Hugs n Love, Jan :friends:

Believe in miracles and soar

Archived