Dad

cinder

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad, the strongest survivor I

May he rest in peace.

And may you rest too. You have done a mighty job and we have applauded that effort.

Will be thinking of you as you come to terms with this loss.

Sue.

Cinder,

In your heart of hearts you know you've done a better job of caring for you dad than anyone on else could have done, bar none. I'm sure he knew that, too. In time the emptiness that comes along with the loss of your dad will fade and you'll treasure the father/daughter, caregiver/patient role you've shared that much more and treasure the important place it played in healing so many wounds. I'm really proud that you and how you were able to share the process with Strokenet. As hard as it was to write at times, this thread has helped and will continue to help others for a long time to come.

Give my love and caring thoughts to your mom, sister and the rest of your family. Steve said to pass on his condolences to you, too. You'll have a place here at Strokenet for how ever long you need us and/or want to share your time and experiences with others here.

Love, Jean

Cinder,

My heart goes out to you and your family. We will be praying for comfort and strength to get through these next few months. It's a hard road to travel but so was the one you have been on for so long.

Please don't leave us here at the board. We'll need to hear from you from time to time as you can.

God be with you,

Joy

Cinder,

You have been everything your dad could have needed in a caregiver, and you have been a loving and caring daughter as well. I am sure he was so proud of you. We are proud of you too, especially your caregiver sisters.

You took on a huge challange and did it with grace and humor and gave us newbies a sense of what could be overcome or at least managed if we only set our minds to it. You are a Legend.

Heres my virtual "Cheers to Dad" :Beer-Chug:

Kristen

Cinder, so sorry for your loss, I can only wish I could face caregiving with such grace as you have through such difficult circumstances. When I first found this site I read your thread and it gave me the will to continue on with Mom's caregiving. Mom and I have come along way in the past seven months since she's been home but it's also been the most difficult challenge of my life and still is. I've learned to cherish the small things in life and wouldn't give up even one day of caring for Mom...

Cinder so very sorry to hear the news of your dad's passing. We all know you gave 200% and so did he. You were a blessing to him.

Very thankful to hear his passing was peaceful.

The next while will be difficult, but take comfort in knowing you did all you could do. Sometime soon you will remember the happy times and find a little smile on yur face. He may be gone from this earth but will never be forgotton by loved ones and friends.

Stop in and say Hi we all miss you and you have be come an important part of our lives too.

Hugs and Sympathy to you my friend

Bonnie :Angel:

Cinder,

So sorry to hear about your Dad. What a warrior you were for him. The strength you reached for and accomplished in caring for your Dad in the ups and downs you may need for yourself. I know the void will be huge.

Just remember grieving is a big thing for you right now, so spill the tears as they come and go.

When my Dad passed it took a while but when they came it was like a flood. Hmm.....that was when I knew nothing about it, grieving that is. I cried like a baby and missed everything about him. Sometimes I still do and that was six years ago. What I miss most was his sense of humor, but now when I remember, I smile because I loved him so much and he knew it. Just like your Dad did.

Your post was so heartfelt like everything else you write.

I'm so glad this site is here for us all.

Take care of yourself. We love you.

Cindy

Cinder,

I just want to add my condolences to you and your family, and tell you how lucky you were to be able to be with him through it all. I'm sure he appreciated it more than he could have ever expressed and he will see to it you have a very special place next to him in Heaven some day.

Sarah

Archived