Never give up

PhilW

Hi ya guys, well what a ride i've had - moving house ,family getting ill, then passing away and most of all improving in myself and my life been so pre-occupied, just like that song by Aerosmith- "Dont want to miss a thing " As in respect of others i just wrote to say life is a challenge but you must NEVER give up, all this time , i have done most forms of exercise, just to get that one step ahead, especially the pool exercises i which i swear by has been the #1 therapy i have found to my improvement, now i swim and do a weight session nearly every day to keep my fitness and strength up. I just went to my doctor the other day, and he said this the best ive seen you look so well ,b/p , cholestral, sugar level were all fantastic, due to exercising. Now for the first time in three years, I have a job interview, that may see me return to the workforce (slowly of course 15-20 hrs a week) ,nervous and excited.But hey i look back to the first day, and was told that day i may not survive, till today, because i persevered in doing something that was not going to stop my life, yes the early days as in many were difficult, but you cannot say stuff this and at times accept defeat, you gotta keep going, whether its a small change or a big change, its something that make your ego bigger to lead to more challenging things. hey I still walk wonky and i still get tired and have swallowing troubles and do say its my friend now BUT i still havent given up YET, ya just keep on trying you cant see what the future has installed but at least I can say- "Wow what a journey"and still be travelling.. :thumbsu:

Phil,

I am so glad to hear that you are doing so well. I second the water therapy. I do it with William and I swear that it is the best thing.

I hope that the job goes well.

Ruth

One who never tries.. will always fail at not trying.. Best of luck. cheers

Hi Phil,

Yes you should never give up. No matter how hard things are. You should try as hard as you can with everything you do because you never know what will triger a healing.

Bruce Schwentker

Guest wickedwings

:party: Nice, Phil! I love your post! I'm so, so glad that your journey is going really well. I wish you the very best in life.....

GO WEBBY!!!

You miss 100% of the goals you do not try for.

-Wayne Gretsky

Nice post, Phil! I will to bookmark this post or copy/paste it somewhere, so I can look at it from time to time. Since my brain lesion/stroke, I know that I am lucky to be alive. I had to struggle hard just to survive because of my pre-existing depression was so severe. It was at its worse for over 2 years. I am amazed that during that time, I was never suicidal though I was so close to it. I just never gave up. Even though there's no cure for depression like mine and is mostly managed by my meds and therapy, I will never give up. I was born deaf, so I'm not new to the fight in being a part of this reality.

Archived