Home exercise program

I was wondering what home exercise programs people use. I am currently using the treadmill each day, and using a forced use program.

Thanks,

Jenn

hi jenn i use a stationary bicycle and i go for a walk twice a day i wsh that i had a tread mill that is a very good investment and i also use a finger flexor to get my left fingers working i am starting to get alot more movement in my fingers so it does help but i still have a long way to go i once ment an ot, wher i go to stroke club who was telling me that she is a very strong beliver in restraint therapy so you are force to use the left arm

I just do the exercises the therapy people give me on the hand out sheets. Most of them are for my legs and arms. I still do the little things on my own like riding the exercise bike, over the door pulley to work on my grip and shoulders.

Then I go to the senior center, they have all the machines there, so I do some exercises on the ones I can handle myself. Of course, that's not at home...Right now, I'm on hold waiting to complete the series of shots in my knees. I'll know at that time if I need replacements or not! :rolleyes: :happydance:

I use the treadmill in my office fitness center 3 times a week, and take walks every day with my service dog. I also use the weights in the fitness center 2 times a week to help regain tone and strength. Not doing a lot of weight, low weight, multiple sets of reps. I'm not trying to bulk. I also do the exercises the therapists gave me.

I'm seeing an implovement in gate and stamina, as well as strength and tone. Monster, my service dog, and I are learning to recognize when my balance is off and how to regain it. Things take time, but they do improve.

I was wondering what home exercise programs people use. I am currently using the treadmill each day, and using a forced use program.

Thanks,

Jenn

Hi Jenn,

I use thera-band's and PushUp Pro and sit-ups for strength training.

Warcraft Online helps with my hand dexterity.

Outside I walk and bicycle.

Thera-band

PushUp Pro.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

I use 3-5 lb weights, lie down on a mat on the floor, and raise the weights up over my head, range of motion, several times. My arm shakes quite a bit. I also do windshield wiper motion on the table with a pillowcase. I'll use a mirror box at times. At the gym, I use the elliptical, Nu-Step, sit-down bicycle, leg press, and few other leg weight machines using light weights. Stretches at home, walk outdoors around the block, and therapy pool at the gym. Hope this helps give you ideas.

I do a variety of stuff so that I don’t get bored doing the same things all the time. I love to get out and just walk. It’s very therapeutic for me to distress, enjoy the natural beauty, and get my exercise in all at the same time. And studies show that a simple 30 minute walk is just as good as anything else. I also play the Wii, do a little Yoga or Tai Chai, and use the videos on Netflix. And just recently I have begun using the insane Insanity Workout. But I know my limits and go at a much slower pace and I’m still dripping in sweat when I’m done. The point is to keep it moving.

Pam

Archived