New Jersey

ksmith

all of the folks from Jersey can post here

Millville NJ Cumberland co.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

hi all im jim1953speed looking for help finding a assisted living that is reasonable in northern nj im private pay cant afford their charges, living on ss and long term disadiabilty. now on have a private live in aid.can't cover my expenses of rent ,care, have lived in assisted living centers before! just became to expensive . looking for any advice you may be directing me in on my delema.any help would be helpful.

thank you.

jim1953speed

try advertising in the paper --- i live in nd and have plans ( about 2 yrs ) from now to take in one individual who has sufferred a stroke. I've learned a lot of skills and have a lot of knowlege- i didnt have before.... so i plan to do in home care for someone needing a transitional type place for short periods of time..... so there might be someone in your area who is debating the same thought... i dont know about licensing and all that great stuff in your area - but advertise and see what happens -- just my thought nancyl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've posted in another area of these boards regarding a new bill Assemblywoamn Valerie Huttle and Senator Loretta Weinberg are trying to pass in New Jersey. It is the Acquired Brain Injury Bill. The bill gives those who financially qualify, $7500 worth of home health services a year. I spoke to Assemblywoman Huttle last week, she promised to introduce the bill in the fall (it's been floating around for 2 years now), but she is really interested in hearing from those in NJ who would benefit from the bill. She is particularly interested in hearing from those who received funding from the Traumatic Brain Injury Fund, and no longer do because that Fund now excludes stroke patients. Please, if you live in NJ, and could benefit from the fund, or if you know someone who can, please call Assemblywoman Huttles office: 201-541-1118 The bill number is A-1005 in the assembly and S786 in the Senate.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello All Middlesex County :)

I am just letting you know that The American Heart & Stroke Association is having :

The Central NJ Heart Walk is a 5K route (3.1 miles) through scenic Johnson Park in Piscataway !!

We will have an alternative route of 1.5 miles for those who cannot do the full 3 mile walk.

This event will have tent activities in the morning from 8:00am-9:30am.

Free screenings, giveaways, music and ZUMBATHON activity as well as free morning snacks, yogurt and fruit.

A children’s play area will be featured as well including a pet shop tent that will offer free dog biscuits for your pet. THIS IS A DOG FRIENDLY PARK, so please bring your dog!

The actual walk will begin at 10:00am and is anticipated to end at 11:00am with Applebee’s’ delivering snack wraps for all REGISTERD WALKERS ONLY- so please be sure you and your family are registered. We hope to see you there!

Event Location:

Johnson Park River Road & Violet Drive Piscataway, NJ 08854

Event Schedule:

Program Start: 10/20/2013 9:30 am - 10:00 am

Official Start: 10/20/2013 10:00 am - 11:55 am

I am looking for people to walk with me. You do not have have to donate. I just want supporters. If you want to donate, that is fine or you can do both or even get registered as a Walker !!

My team is

Perceive+BeLieVe=ACHIEVE

and/or

Please donate:

http://heartwalk.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1049592&lis=0&kntae1049592=EDB9C5C4A56341269A450318597FC67E&supId=364291401

thank you !!

Dorothy :)

excellent !! I will look for you, definitely !!

If you want to walk with us, let me know as well as if you want to have their own donation page I will help you ! Soooo Excited !!

You never see many stroke people there ! Just the heart survivors !! so excited !! when you are registered you can get lunch !! need to be registered !! Join Perceive+BeLieVe=ACHIEVE team !!

The Central NJ Heart Walk is a 5K route (3.1 miles) through scenic Johnson Park in Piscataway. We will have an alternative route of 1.5 miles for those who cannot do the full 3 mile walk. This event will have tent activities in the morning from 8:00am-9:30am. Free screenings, giveaways, music and ZUMBATHON activity as well as free morning snacks, yogurt and fruit. A children’s play area will be featured as well including a pet shop tent that will offer free dog biscuits for your pet. THIS IS A DOG FRIENDLY PARK, so please bring your dog! The actual walk will begin at 10:00am and is anticipated to end at 11:00am with Applebee’s’ delivering snack wraps for all REGISTERD WALKERS ONLY- so please be sure you and your family are registered. We hope to see you there!

anyone in NEW JERSEY or anywhere !!

or email me :)

need to be registered !! Join Perceive+BeLieVe=ACHIEVE team !!

soooo excited !!

p.s. Asha, I have a cap for you ! white shows that you are a stroke survivor !!!

• 3 weeks later...

are

DOING THE HEART and STROKE WALK

for

Central NJ this Fall!

Please SAVE THE DATE!

Sunday, October 20th from 8:30am-11:00am at

Johnson Park in Piscataway, NJ

Please

JOIN MY TEAM or DONATE TOWARD MY TEAM and have your friends and family walk with us on Sunday morning – October 20th

as we head to Johnson Park (across from RUTGERS STADIUM)

off Exit 9 (River Rd) in Piscataway NJ.

Lots of great activities for the kids and family AND your family dog- this walk is DOG FRIENDLY!!

September Registration Promotion For and Friends and Family

Please REGISTER TODAY IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO ALREADY!!

REGISTER to Walk

(include your friends and family)

Before September 15th

And Your Name Will

Be Entered to win a gift card to

OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

Winners will be announced on September 16th

Walk for Your Heart! Walk For Your Health! Walk with

MY TEAM

Help Support the American Heart Association

• 4 weeks later...

:happydance: HAPPY OCTOBER !!!! :happydance:

:welcome: So excited for the walk !! :groupwave:

If you are not there, we are thinking of you doing the walk ! You are in my thoughts during the walk ! :rolleyes:

We are also walking with friends from :party: Lingraphics :party: is Princeton dealing with aphasia !! :thumbsu:

:forgive_me?: Thank You for your support !! :forgive_me?:

:rolleyes:If you want to read my story or want to donate:

Welcome to the Donation Page of

Dorothy Bové

Perceive+BeLieVe=ACHIEVE

Please donate:

http://heartwalk.kin...supId=364291401

Thank You for your support !!

hugs,

Dorothy :blush:

• 3 weeks later...