Amajor step in recovery

Casen

Today I was able to put my 4-pronged cane in the closet and switch to a regular cane! It took me 4 months but I am so happy to have progressed enough in my balance and strength in my left leg to support myself without so much assistance from a cane! Who knows maybe in 4 more months no more cane!!! biggrin2.gif

Awesome Casem, that is very good news! I love to hear about stroke survivors recovery. It does take a very long time but when it does come you are always happy and you have made my day Casen. Just keep up the great work, know that you have come a long long way, and there is still to come even more. Never give up and keep me informed of more good news.

All the best to you in your journey of recovery.

Guest furiawill

Today I was able to put my 4-pronged cane in the closet and switch to a regular cane! It took me 4 months but I am so happy to have progressed enough in my balance and strength in my left leg to support myself without so much assistance from a cane! Who knows maybe in 4 more months no more cane!!! biggrin2.gif

CASEN,

CONGRATS ON YOUR PROGRESS. NOT SURE WHERE YOU LIVE, BUT IN ICY WEATHER NOTHING BEATS WALKING ON ICE LIKE A QUAD CANE. JUST THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. KEEP ON TRUCKIN!

-WILL

Congratulations. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

mc

That's great news and it helps you go farther in recovery so don't stop now! It is a good thing being able to use the single point cane but every time I used it I ended up letting it fall to the floor.

I mostly use the quad to help hold open doors and it sit there while I'm busy shaking hands and getting hugs at church and many other places I meet my friends. I leave mine at the foot of the stairs when I come in so I can find it when I'm leaving home and I was using a single point cane upstairs but not any more. I do my free walking upstairs.

I bet if I really concentrated on my walking I could stop using a cane but you may know how that goes.

Fred!

congratulations on the recovery. keep up the good work. Jumping from a quad cane to a single cane is a HUGE jump. Many people I know have to make that step by going from 4 to 3 and so on.

You're awesome

• 2 months later...

Chris, that is great news. Keep up the good work and I hope your recovery keeps on going the way you want it to go.

mc

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had my own huge step today. i did 12 full pushups AND got off the floor without much stress or grabbing onto anything! almost a year out and still making gains!

• 6 months later...

I love hearing these sucess stories! These stories truly are inspiring! :bow: :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...

Grim - great to hear ! at least this tells you most things are working again so all exercise & practice will make huge gains -- at least you can have so encouragement & tangible hope

Way to go -keep it up & let us know of your successes.

Susan from Alberta Canada

Archived