Loss of friends??

sadbutluckygirl

I understand all too well about the loss of friends. I was really upset for ahwile and still am at times. I used to say oh well I guess I'll be in the house this weekend like a caged animal. And I tried to make my friends feel comfortable by making jokes about my situation so it wouldn't be like oh God I have to listen to her pity party story again. As a matter of fact, I would always focus on updating them with good news and asked if they wanted to go out but they were always busy and would never say when they would be available so now I don't reach out or bother them anymore. I do have two good friends, one lives in PA so really cant visit as often and the other one doesn't have a license or a car to drive but I can talk to her when I'm feeling at my lowest but don't want to overburden her all the time. So I'm not completely alone.

The friends that I'm referring to mostly that have bailed are my running partners. So what I have realized too is that some of them have a lot going on also and not have abandoned me so to speak. So I too am thinking about a support group where I can go to meet people and do some outreach work as well.

Pam

Pam, I too seldom tell anyone any negative stories about our recovery. I have one or two people I can dump on but otherwise no matter what happens, unless I can turn it into a funny or inspirational story no one is the wiser. And yes, I do that so I don't scare everyone away! People complain that I don't answer the phone sometimes, they don't realize I'm doing them a favor. The one person I can really talk to is someone I met here, and we are getting together in person (us and our husbands) this fall. A new beginning.

My boss said to me when Ray first stroked, your life is over, but he was wrong. My OLD life is certainly over, but I have a second chance to shake things up and start off in a new direction, which is hard but has its rewards. In the back of my mind, I can see me someday doing outreach work although right now taking care of Ray is a full time job.

• 5 months later...

I feel like I am the one pushing them apart. as I was recovering the medication and psi made it impossible to have company and I isolated myself from the world. Now I have to plan everything because I get so anxiousness doing something spontaneous. That gets in the way a lot. Also I am like an old person even if I'm only 29. I don't like loud noises, long nights, or large crowds.lol that's the pre stroke Jessie in me laughing at how boring I sound. But really I get exhausted easy and have to plan my day so I don't end up in pain. This is something I don't like or understand and it makes me want to push people out.

I feel like I am the one pushing them apart. as I was recovering the medication and psi made it impossible to have company and I isolated myself from the world. Now I have to plan everything because I get so anxiousness doing something spontaneous. That gets in the way a lot. Also I am like an old person even if I'm only 29. I don't like loud noises, long nights, or large crowds.lol that's the pre stroke Jessie in me laughing at how boring I sound. But really I get exhausted easy and have to plan my day so I don't end up in pain. This is something I don't like or understand and it makes me want to push people out.

I am the same way. I used to love to go out and now anymore I stay inside. As for friends, my true ones understand that I can't do many things. I just found there is a new way to enjoy life now

Archived