Sad last couple of days

Well, I just spent 2 days in the hospital after suffering sroke number 3. This one was a particually bad one. I Kept falling and lost most of my vision and if felt like all the progress I made with theraphy was compltely gone. They wanted to keep me longer but all it seemed they were doning were pumping me full of narcotics and making me stay in bed. I explained that bob, my husband, worked from home and he could do the exsct same thing, they do they let me come home. I hate staying in the hospital. The boredom alone is enough to kill me! I promisead complete bed rest, eat as much as possible (I have lost 50 pounds+ since the first stroke), take my medicine faithfully, and keep the heplock in untill Friday. All of which is doable since I have my man in my bed next to me along with my kittiy cats. Saddest part of the whole thing was that I was only 6 days from being over the 6 month danger hump. 6 DAYS! Now I have to start counting all over again and this brings me all the way to June. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers just ike I do all of you!!

I really am so sorry to read of this your third stroke, I know how hard it is to see all you have gained disappear. It was like that with Ray's two 1999 ones, four week's apart and double the trouble. All I can encourage you to do is to get back up and try again.

And I agree, as long as you have sufficient help home is best.

Sue.

casen, i too am sorry to hear about another stroke. but as others have said, don't lose hope and get back up and start recovery once again. your hubby is there to support you all the way. i hope your medical team can stop any other strokes from happening. its good you were able to come home where you feel most comfortable. work hard as you already know how to do. i have you in my thoughts and prayers for a successful recovery. let us know how you are doing. i wish you and your family the happiest of holidays.

I too am sorry to read your post. A third stroke? I can't imagine having the second one but last week I was close to thinking what I was feeling in my head was another beginning to a full stroke. It didn't turn out that way and I thanked God. In your case I send my prayers up for your recovery from number three. You will be in my nightly thoughts as well!

I know the feeling about being in a hospital. I stayed 5 months with my stroke in 2004 and my wife knows my desire is to remain at home if I have to meet my maker. I fully understand why in a few cases we must place our loved ones in nursing homes when they can not be properly cared for 24/7 at home and that care is now needed.

Fred!

Casen, I can only echo what everyone else has already said, and add a great big thank-you to your hubby. The good news is you know the drill, and don't have to wait on anyone to show you what to do. Carefully,and slowly, when you get bored, and are not too tired, practice your ROMs. HUGS, Becky

Well, I just spent 2 days in the hospital after suffering sroke number 3. This one was a particually bad one. I Kept falling and lost most of my vision and if felt like all the progress I made with theraphy was compltely gone. They wanted to keep me longer but all it seemed they were doning were pumping me full of narcotics and making me stay in bed. I explained that bob, my husband, worked from home and he could do the exsct same thing, they do they let me come home. I hate staying in the hospital. The boredom alone is enough to kill me! I promisead complete bed rest, eat as much as possible (I have lost 50 pounds+ since the first stroke), take my medicine faithfully, and keep the heplock in untill Friday. All of which is doable since I have my man in my bed next to me along with my kittiy cats. Saddest part of the whole thing was that I was only 6 days from being over the 6 month danger hump. 6 DAYS! Now I have to start counting all over again and this brings me all the way to June. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers just ike I do all of you!!

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm wishes. I think I need a change of scenery to clear my mind. So Bob and I are taking a leisurly drive to Palm Springs tomorrow and checking out some house for sale in the Idyllwild area then just relaxing doing absolutly nothing else for the weekend in Palm Springs. This is giving my brain a break from all the worries in normal life. I think it will help. We can all use a break. I will have nothing to do but enjoy the ride and the relaxation and forget about everything for 3 days. Looking forward to it!

Guest furiawill

Guest furiawill

casen,

I CAN FEEL YOUR SADNESS. YES I WILL PRAY FOR YOU. EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE HAD THIS SETBACK, PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP. THINGS WILL GET BETTER.

-WILL

• 5 months later...

Cason.

I feel sorry for you but you can't give up! You have to keep tring and move forward! You can never give up hope!! To give up now will just slow you down now! Please don't give up! Keep trying now!

Hostbruce,

Bruce Schwentker

I can't even imagine having three! So sorry you're going through all that. Did the dr's determine why you keep having them? (Or did I miss reading that somewhere?)

Susan :huh:

• 6 months later...

Hi Casen, so sorry you are going through another one. Please don`t give up. You are in my thoughts and prayers. This mini vacation you are taking is just what you need. Good for you.

mc

• 2 months later...

Well ifound out that i all so have Bipola . An i dont thinl i can dell with eny thing els right at this time . Ifill like the world is come down on me . Every thing is going rong at this time .Dont know what to do . All i wont to do is cry . I know i have a lot to be thankfull for . Every thing i seem to do is not right . that what every one at my house is saying to me . I gess im haveing a bad day an i dont know whitch way to go .

Little jo.

Little Jo ... Seems like things just go on and on don't they.... Very little good , lots of bad... But you are doing remarkable well. It's all stroke stuff, unfortunately, we all are living with it... Survivors and caretakers alike... Hang in there you are doing good, this to will pass...nancy

I'm so sorry to hear that and we all had those same feelings when we reached those milestones. I just passed my 1 year anniversary, I was so anxious and just ready for that day to pass. And it did, and you have to. Just keep your head up and the next milestone will be a breeze.

Pam

• ksmith pinned this topic