Stretching

My neighbor (whose arm is paralyzed) did some stretching with me today. We stretched each other :) He stretched my fingers as I straightened his wrist. It was pretty cool. He showed me how to stretch my hand on the table. After we finished it felt so good to be all stretched out. It especially felt good to have my fingers stretched by someone else who wasnt an apathetic therapist. My neighbor was gentle and did the same stretches that he did for himself.

He also let me borrow one of his weights. It was terrific. We put it on my wrist and not only did it straighten my wrist but it also pulled my arm down to my side. It gave me a great idea. I definitely feel motivated to exercise more but I also think I am going to begin wearing my splint and put the weight around it. My arm, wrist, and fingers will all be straight at the same time. I believe doing these stretches will greatly help me and I am going to make it my goal to do the stretches everyday. I will be all stretched out for the bioness (which I am believing I will get this time)!

See Katrina, I have said many times these things are what you need to do but you didn't see it that way because you were so young when the stroke came along and your family members didn't push you enough to be better by now!! I'm very happy for you and do hope you keep it up until you can use that left arm and hand again!! If it's not being used it's not getting any better for you!!

Walmart got all those weights I bought some of them when I worked there!! I used the rails where they park the shopping carts in the garden center to exercise the rest of my body every day. I didn't just sit on my scooter I worked out and took long walks in the store on my breaks!! Have fun with your neighbor helping you things got to improve in your routines of getting better, it's about time you can do it!!!

Keep up the good work Lil sis!!!

Archived