•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

schuang74

when is it "too late for rehab?"

55 posts in this topic

Happy birthday Nancy......

Deigh:wine:

I am at my 3 yr anniversary mark and I have regained much but I have more to work on so I continue therapy. Believe.

I am here today at rehab. still working because so much improved for me over these years.  keep working. it is worth the trouble. It is hope in the Do. an action can bring mood change and  abilities too.

And being at fun places.

5 hours ago, SassyBetsy said:

I am at my 3 yr anniversary mark and I have regained much but I have more to work on so I continue therapy. Believe.

I am here today at rehab. still working because so much improved for me over these years.  keep working. it is worth the trouble. It is hope in the Do. an action can bring mood change and  abilities too.

And being at fun places.

good for you.. progress whether it be slow is still progress!!

I would say never give up on therapy or progress. I spoke to another stroke survivor while at Kessler institute who told me he regained use of his left arm several years after not being able to use it at all. 

It took a dire incident to make it happen. He was driving with his right hand then was distracted one day on the highway doing something with his good right hand and realized he was drifting and about to collide with a car in the shoulder and somehow grabbed the wheel with his inoperable left hand in this panic situation. After that he experienced a miraculous use of his left hand because of that incident. Again that was like 3 years post stroke so you never should give up hope or not continue to work at it.

Never say never as has been stated many times by others.

Always have seen a stroke like a train track of neurons that got off track and the train got derailed.  If you do not do the rehab exercise to keep track repairs moving along as well as the muscles strength where possible, these miracles might happen more often.  When you have a sudden connection, you want the repairs to have been continuous.  Your story, ufusco, shows this loud and clear regarding your friend.  Well worth noting this body miracle and the prior repair work  for him to get that miracle.  How exciting for him.

Kelli, almost did not recognize you.  So glad you are doing well.

Fred, they lost your identity and I miss your picture and your advanced recuperation details.