•  

Pearls

What are you READING?

Thanks to internet I have found the author of 'Timeline', it is Michael Crighton, he also wrote Jurassic Park and many other great books.

Deigh   :hmmm:

I agree wholeheartedly about "Ghost in my Brain".  I am (was?) an engineer, so it really spoke to me, and gave me a metaphor for what was happening in my brain.  

I found Doidge interesting, also Barbara Arrowsmith-Young (born with half her brain missing) and several others, but got nothing from them other than a general sense that things will keep improving.

I love Philip K Dick and his literary successors, William Gibson (coined the term "cyberspace" in his novel "Neuromancer) and Neal Stephenson.

Also currently reading the latest John le Carre (sequel to "spy who came in from the cold").

It's just s_l_o_w.  I used to churn through books at an alarming rate, now I get exhausted after 10 pages, and have to re-read 8 pages when I pick the book up again because I have forgotten what I read the day before.

This problem of forgetting can be an asset. Most films on TV over here are repeats of old stuff. I can be watching with interest and suddenly about half way through realise I've seen it before. Since I can't remember the end and whether or not the Butler did it, I can continue watching with enjoyment.

Deigh

I have the same issue, don't rembmer the whole show.  But will remember bits.  My family will remind me we watched it and we move on to something else they want to see.  It's usually ok by me, but sometimes I want to watch and see what I can remember.  That actually happened this morning.  watched about 30 min and then remembered a part but then forgot what came next, so I watched it again.  Now I think I will remember that.

That's the joke with Alzheimers isnt' it?  Always meeting new people.