•  

SweetMom

Large Wheeled walker

I want a large wheeled walker. I was told that insurance will pay for them. Its called a Trionic Rollator Walker with 14 inch wheels. I live in the country with a rock driveway. I've been using the wheelchair as a walker. The big wheels make it easier to walk down the driveway. 

I think Social Security admin got them I don't know the requirements but they are the ones that got me my first scooter small enough to go through the bathroom doors because the scooter I got from the VA was too wide when I got out the hospital and couldn't walk good at all..... Big wheels are what you need for that kind of driveway so you don't fall.... I have seen all kinds I hope you can get one soon..... :pullhair:  :roflmao:  

Donna, if you lived in Canada, I could tell you the best medical equipment supplier for home use is Harding Medical.  Possibly this company is in the States as well??  I had bought a rollator walker for my dad about 10 years ago.  So great.....large wheels (better mobility), a good-sized basket in front to put in any package instead of having to carry it, a seat that can be easily dropped down if you feel too tired or weak to continue walking and need to sit for awhile, AND easily folds up to put in a car.  The cost was around $275 Canadian (that would make it around $27 American, yes?, lol) no sales tax on their equipment, whereas all other suppliers of home care equipment here do charge sales tax, and very easy to bargain with Harding.  My dad passed away 2 years ago, but my mom uses the walker now.  Still in great shape!

Hope you find what you're looking for, dear friend.   :hug: 

WOW, Thanks so much y'all. I know I could go so many more places. It would make it so much easier for camping. 

Hey Donna

Not long ago I bought a rollator, but found it useless as I was unable to hold it with my bad hand.

Are you OK in this department? I'd hate for you to waste your $$$$

Janelle,

I bought a rollator onlinewhich has only one (bar across) handle, desighned for one hand use    https://www.disabilityshop.com.au/rollator-roomba-indoor-100kg-capacity/  . Like you, I originally bought a two hand rollator which didn't suit one hand use. Although the description says for indoor use, I have found it fine for fairly smooth surfaces outside. I exercise by walking along the footpath at the front.

Hope this helps you.