•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

SassyBetsy

Healing caregivers

5 posts in this topic

You caregivers give me what I need when you know me respect me like me,let me know you and feel compassion for me. I have done my best to not make more work but sometimes I spill or need help to get to an appointment. You stranger I rely on. What am I to you. We are married in joy of living. Kindness heals. I may not be reasonable but see me see me. I am still who I was but I need to believe it. I want to know you know atuned to me. I appreciate fun together not all work but it is not easy for me to go out. I fall asleep. I am not an inconvenience. I am a mother. I show you a scary unknown pain world. Please get informed care know me. I am not an alarm to deliver meds. I am not some pet name you use to distance us erase my humanity, but I understand you fear me reject me judge me. you are missing it that we all look ahead to this system we created. change it. all i need is positive help. thank you for asking me giving choice. believing me. love heals

a look. it lives in eyes. please look.

SassyBetsy, my heart goes out to you; what you're asking for is so necessary!!  Have you spoken to your caregivers to explain to them how you feel?  I'd suggest making an organized list on your computer of what's on your mind, and calmly present it to them.  (I have to admit I didn't like having caregivers, but when I felt I was making some progress and started to enjoy life again, I was able to give them a heartfelt thank you for their help.)

Hugs and hope,  :) 

Hello Sassy Betsy,  what a heart felt letter.   Of course , you  are a human been, were a stroke happen to your body, which rewired it , and leave behind pain..  Been a caregiver is not a easy job, but we have to remember that  there is a living, breathing, person, who just  needs understanding, patient, love, and respect.  

Take care

Love and Hugs

Yvonne

Pam, hope things have got better for you since you posted this.  We all need to be recognised as a fellow human being with the appropriate responses and to be shown a little respect.  Hard to teach that to people though.

I felt like I was reading such meaningful poetry. If so it was such a telling poem and I think you should keep writing. I think my biggest hope would be that my caregiver sees me. It is heartbreaking to know that caregivers (usually the strangers) can just look through you and the "care" in caretaker loses it's meaning. Feeling all alone when you are being cared for is also heartbreaking to me. Prayers for you if this poetry is about you.  :hug: