ksmith

Why being Happy is good for your health.

24 posts in this topic

I hear so much about why someone can't be happy. I see and hear stories from people with less possessions and more traumatic lives showing me and others why happiness has helped them continue to live and not give up.

happy3.jpg

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/5431/1/Learn-Why-Being-Happy-is-Very-Healthy-For-You.html

Many people have a difficult time trying to accept to their 'new normal' and that is understandable. Having to hear others, and myself included, trying to raise your spirits all the time can be frustrating to say the least but being happy isn't a acceptance to what happened.Rather giving a warm smile or  doing a kind gesture for someone that has been going through their own battle or helping you with yours.

Why Practice Happiness?

In addition to making us feel good, studies have found that happiness actually improves other aspects of our lives. Here is an overview of some of the good stuff that research has linked to happiness.

Happiness is good for our health: Happy people are less likely to get sick, and they live longer.

Happiness is good for our relationships: Happy people are more likely to get married and have fulfilling marriages, and they have more friends.

Happy people are more generous.

Happy people cope better with stress and trauma.

Happy people are more creative and are better able to see the big picture.

Me too that I survived the stroke and 13 years later I'm still recovering as best I know how..... I'm a happy camper.... :D  :Doh:  :roflmao:

being happy took my a while to reach and I know not everyone wants to be happy yet and those who are have to respect that and not force of joy onto them

Like your image says Kelli, It starts with the decision that happy is possible despite limitations. For me it was the realisation that life is going to happen, you might as well enjoy it.  But a lot of people do have trouble reaching that place.

kelli :

happiness is definitely choice in my mind. nothing is ever going to be perfect in life, but I choose to be happy for things which are still great in my life even after stroke there are still lot to be grateful & happy about. great family, friends, support group all play great role in my level of happiness.

Asha

Kelli, I'm late at seeing new topics, lol.  I REALLY like this one....thank you for sharing!  :)

Ah!  So that is my problem!  And now I do not even have my little tantrum guy who made me happy!  Umm! That was one of the best things on the forum except you grand people.   I wish you lots of happiness.  Wish I had Benni's dancer.

:wacko: Yes they've only loaded the basic emoticons so far (hopefully we get some of our favourites back) in the mean time you can steal Benni's dancer 30mmgt4.jpgJust right click on it and select copy image location. You can then paste the link in your post .

30mmgt4.jpgGot it but I had to pull it down a left hold.30mmgt4.jpgLaughing already.  they just make it so much better for me to communicate, since no one can see my grins and smiles which I have every time I  speak.  thanks, Benni!

Like that idea 30mmgt4.jpg:blink:

Will have to see if I can steal some from other sites!

Deigh

What about this one? shredding.gif,    Nicked it from the jazz guitar forum!

Deigh

That's a great one Deigh!

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.

The Dancing Banana Smiley Face, Emoticon

It's great to see happiness from an emoji.  Something as silly as a dancer can change our our outlook and give us a smile. I love it.?

Hey, I like that one!  

6825.gif

Tantrum-1.gif.7c06716d30333c01a4aa8b9342a1b998.gifhappydance.gif.eeeb1b86f22af680705726e2a5073b5a.gif6825.gifroflmao.gif.268761a973702db4cb769d6d2a61a847.gif  Got it but do not know how to keep them in here to use when needed.music_band.gif.e9e5b4172b6e3df9ad72e91e7f60eb59.gif  I actually have all the ones that were on the previous site.  If someone can tell me how to get them back to the forum, let me know, as I am not a computer expert and shocked I got these on board.  I cannot get the twirling gal but if anyone wants another let me know.  I will try, for fun to get a few more on here but I cannot scroll to get anyone above me, so guess this is an impossible task.monkeydance.gif.b9a251e8f3da89a043801fcbf16b2cff.giftaz-1.gif.4b18935f96e019f8ac41cb3e75279753.gifranting.gif.fc7afaea10bf8ea3cf3eacbeafbba72d.gifwhistling.gif.1389a0e3f2783569def7f1b1057fa9ad.gifjuggle.gif.52c3647d5571d87e6b769914da46db3b.gifguitar24.gif.2f67510b77a7390b4cec5b935ded5d59.gifnetezos_smile.gif.4ab3529ba6f2bf42879f7edbbaf6b479.gifUnknown.jpeg.034d880eb61160e42bcfb4e1932eb910.jpegsicksmiley12.gif.78effcb10a57aa6ca496c3251659cbcc.gifpanda-lol.gif.8a61089d3b565a420f58b7fa26a3c0c3.gifwow.gif.2cffd1b73c31e4ab113bd8adb4fac1a9.gifnight.gif.82e31d1b010bfb5b2bb4ffaabb521e0b.gifHo hum!! If I am not arrested for these additions.  I will hope they stay on once I sign off.  At least I have practiced enough to know I can add my tantruming guy when necessary.  Thanks one and all.  You made a sad, lonely stroke viciim very happy!!  Normal exclamations points.

Marcia, I love your emojis.  Thanks for sharing!!  6825.gif

Is this a private dance, or can anyone join in??

:yay:

Gotta get into this dancing lark....:laughinghard:

Seriously though, We go to our local club on a Thursday night for an hour or two. There is usually dancing there and occasionally recently we pluck up courage to do a couple of turns of the floor with a slow waltz. Last week there was some great jazz offered and we got carried away and tried to BOP. What a mess, a spin round by either of us left us dizzy and disorientated! 

Ah, well, we had a go, but the days of spending an hour or two on the floor are gone for ever.

Deigh

Dancing even though it cannot be done on the dance floor, it can be done in your heart.  Happy dancing for you two!happydance.gif.9eb5b3dd52c8ff74a5621c82ee06d432.gif

Let us all dance in our hearts, Janelle.panda-lol.gif.f6677b050bab93bfdef435e0201d29ad.gif

In my former life, I was a tap dancer. Maybe not the greatest, or the most fun to watch...but I loved it. LOVED it.

Now I dance in my head and my heart, thank you for the tip Marcia.

Not the same...but hey, it's dancing.

This is one of my first concerts, a friend emailed it to me recently. I'm on the very left.  OOOhhh, my 1970's hair...gotta love it!

scan0003.jpg

Love love the memory picture Janelle! I know I am not there yet but I'm traveling in the right direction. I agree Happiness can be felt easier as a practice. I've said it many times that sometimes the act preceeds the feeling (this is true for many things I think.).

Janelle, Lovely picture, thanks for letting us enjoy it. Grandaughter was a national jazz dance champion but generally speaking dancing is not in our family. I have a bronze medal for ballroom dancing and still enjoy a turn around the floor when a slow waltz is  being played.

Deigh