Lisapf

New here

23 posts in this topic

I wanted to introduce myself before posting my problem. My name is Lisa and I had a hemorrhagic stroke on 11-23-2016. I do not remember the first week after being life lighted to the best facility in Pittsburgh. I regained my memories after they placed a permanent brain drain/shunt in. My stroke was on my left brain which affects my right side. Thanking the Lord that my cognition came back very quickly, but I still cannot feel my right side. I can walk with a cane, and use my arm somewhat my prayer is I can get feeling back. I will post my problem/questions in the appropriate forums. I am very thankful to have found this site.

Lisa welcome to the club I know it's a really high price to get it isn't it I'm glad you found this site too personally I suffered a right hemispheric cerebral hemorrhage mine was on 11 12 13 the date I would love to forget too bad I can't I can remember a lot of the stuff that I learned during my education high school and college but don't answer that I had for dinner last night my memory is very bad three years out and my I've noticed this week my my walkie is getting better I still have a little bit of weakness on my left side I'm legally blind so I don't drive but I do travel by bus I am a contributing member contributing writer to the stroke not online newsletter My article is entitled healing through poetry Sadie's been an absolute blessing so nice to share questions and concerns celebrations I always say share your victories no matter how small they may seem to others would love to celebrate victories so you're from Pittsburgh huh when my best friend lives there and my son moved out there 2 years ago love the city visit often if you have any questions or concerns most likely some expense something somebody's been through something very similar I can't and won't say the same thing because we're all different hand we all deal with things in their own way if you're interested you can always send me a private conversation if you got any questions that you think I might be able to help you with I will say the only medical advice I ever give his talk to your doctor be well my friend keep working hard there's always room for improvement be blessed and be a blessing

Jay

Hi Lisa, nice to meet you, sorry you got to join our not so exclusive club.  This site is full of people who will happily answer any question you care to ask, there's a huge resource here of old and new members and most will get what you're saying, even if we don't have a direct experience of your particular issue, this thing is always different for everyone, but at the same time very much the same.  We will happily listen to you when you're ranting, frustration is part of this thing especially in the early stages as you come to terms with what has happened and how it has changed you, your life and your family. As Jay said remember to recognise and celebrate the little wins.  Over time the little bits add up to big changes.

:welcome:

Welcome to our little  corner of cyberspace, Lisa. So glad you're here so soon after your stroke! It took me a couple of years to find it, and it's a very good place to be- wish I'd found it sooner. I'm sure that you have lots of questions. We all did. Ask away! As Jay said, chances are that someone here has knowledge of, or experience with, your question, and we're happy to share whatever we know.   Becky

I'm adding my welcome. Initially the problems the stroke brings seem unmanageable but if you break them down into small sections you will find that you can cope with most of them, and things do improve!

Deigh 

Lisa, 

It is an honor to meet you. I'm so glad you found this site for everyone here is a wonderful source of knowledge and can offer advice and listen. I hope to see you post more on the message board and in the chat rooms. If you should ever have issues with your account or questions.. please email me and I'll be able to help or find the person who can. :)

Greetings and welcome. As others have said, we are all here to answer questions. No two strokes are alike but often the effects are common enough that several people can answer any questions. Just know that things will gradually improve, just look over the posts on this site to see how we have all documented our improvements and coping strategies over time. Look forward to hearing more about you.

Hi Lisa and welcome this is a great resource for information and understanding. I have the highest hope that you will make many milestones in the next few months since it has only been a short time since your stroke. Feel free to ask any question or vent or just join in any way you want. There is also scheduled chat times M-F for survivors and caregivers, as well as an area to blog, share pictures, tell your story, and numerous information resources. I've been a member for a little less than a year and I feel like many here are like family. It's great to meet you.

I wanted to introduce myself before posting my problem. My name is Lisa and I had a hemorrhagic stroke on 11-23-2016. I do not remember the first week after being life lighted to the best facility in Pittsburgh. I regained my memories after they placed a permanent brain drain/shunt in. My stroke was on my left brain which affects my right side. Thanking the Lord that my cognition came back very quickly, but I still cannot feel my right side. I can walk with a cane, and use my arm somewhat my prayer is I can get feeling back. I will post my problem/questions in the appropriate forums. I am very thankful to have found this site.

:welcome:

Glad you found this site too!  (Remember, recovery never ends!) 

Susan :yinyang:

Welcome Lisa, You will find a wealth of information from this group of people who are both unique and special. We all get it just so you know.

Hi Lisa. I hope you will find comfort and belonging here that just is not available as good as being in a community of fellow survivors.

hi  Lisa :

wecome to best & active stroke support group online. I am so happy you were able to find us so quickly. first  few months & years are hardest to dal with emotionally & physically to deal with. But we are all living proof here that it does get easier. get as much therapy you can in your initial months & when u come home, try to do as much as possible & your exercise, and you will realize life post stroke is not good or bad its just different. you have gotten this  great second shot at life, & you can make it as meaningful & fun as you would like. choice is ours. I stroed at age 34 wich left me paralyzed on my left side, I thought my world ended & I would never find joy in living again. but after 13 years on this post stroke journey. I view my stroke as just speed bump in our life it made me slow down to enjoy scenery along the way. I fond blogging & chatting with other survivors very therapeutic for my soul. We do have chats every day afternoon from 3 to 4 EST & evening 8-9 EST in stroke survivor room

Asha

Hi Lisa, I'd like to add my welcome to StrokeNet.  This website is very helpful for getting information for recent survivors, like yourself; as well as for those of us who are further down the road!  The members here are very caring and cheering for you!  All the best, 

Hi everyone I am new to this. I have visited this site as a guest many times.My friends call me Jan. I hope to get to know all of you. I enjoy reading the posts. I have learned a lot already. Again, this is new to me so please forgive all the mistakes.                                                             Thanks   Jan

Nice to meet you Jan  Don't fret about mistakes, we are a very understanding bunch BTDT

Welcome. Jan! Glad you decided to stay for awhile. So, tell us about yourself- any stroke deficits you want to share? Any problems from the stroke that we can try to help you with? Are you in rehab of any kind? Any rants just bustin' at the seams to get out? We listen, care, and, most importantly, we "get it". Best, Becky

Welcome Jan and very nice to meet you as well. Like everyone has said this is a really supportive site and the people here relate so well to one another. This place has been a huge factor in my feeling better about this scary thing that steals your life for a while. From day one I have been a calmer more focused me. 

Hi Jan, and welcome to this great website.  It's been said many times that you have to be a stroke survivor to truly understand the problems another stroke survivor is experiencing.  I'm glad that you discovered that when reading the posts as a guest, and decided to join us.  

I see that you hope to get to know us.  The first thing I'll tell you about me is that I'm possibly even more inquisitive than Becky (lol Becky).  Can you tell us more about your stroke and deficits, because we'd like to give you all the support and help that you need.

Hugs,

WELCOME, Jan!

There's a great bunch of friendly, supportive people here who "get it."

Susan 4896.gif

Welcome Lisa and Jan, we are here for our fellow stroke survivors and caregivers and family. It's not easy to go thru but with the help of others who have gone thru it can help immensely.

I am 2 years out with 3 strokes. 2 on the left brain and 1on the right brain. I didn't get the tpa early enough to counteract the 2 on my left brain, but I did for the right brain. You will find the answers for the many questions you may have.

This support group saved me and made me a better person with the wealth of info and the loving caring people who will sit by your side and hold your hand for however long you need.  The people here and me really do 'get it'. We have been where you are. Different but the same in many ways. 

I hope you will share your feelings however bad or good. We love it when you feel good. But we will be here even if you don't.

Blessings

SweetMom

Linnie, Me(?), "inquisitive"? Isn't that one of them  $10 words for "nosy"? :wink:Yep, that's me! It's one of the things that the stroke didn't touch. Iam intensely curious about everything, and everybody, especially "new" everybodies. And, what's really cool is that I had a job that  paid me to be nosy. So, yeah, that's me. Becky

Just one of the things I love about you Becky!!  :happy: