•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

scottm

How to get messages

I suddenly had a box appear for a few seconds that said I has 2 messages but I can't see how to get them. We used to have that envelope that blinked red at the top but now?????

Scott, I have the same problem when I'm on the site.  

How I get around it: in my profile I've checked e-mail as my notification choice; an e-mail arrives saying that someone has sent me a PM (and actually shows the content of the PM).  If I want to reply to the PM, just click on the "Read full message" that also appears in the e-mail, and it takes you directly to your Messages Inbox on the site.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, I was starting to wonder if my sometimes squirrely vision was to blame. You have a private message, go read your email. LOL

in the black header at the top of the page next to your picture and name with the drop down box that lets you update your profile there are 3 other buttons, "Create" , "notifications" , "messages"

When you click on the in tray it opens a pop up window with your inbox with your PM conversations and a button to start a new PM

I assume that when you have a new message it will show a counter on the button (that's what most sites do)

Capture.JPG

I don't have that tray or globe on my header but maybe it only shows up when there is something waiting.

21 minutes ago, scottm said:

I don't have that tray or globe on my header but maybe it only shows up when there is something waiting.

Scott, I just logged into your message so I can show you where to look.  Check it out. 

message board pm inbox for scottm.png

Steve,

Mine looks like the attached but a little red dot with a 1 in it showed up and I could get the message by clicking on that.

I've always been the problem child. :)

Capture.PNG

There it is, off in the whitespace weeds for some reason, no idea why the icons don't render.

Capture.PNG

How do you connect to the Internet?  Tablet, computer, iPhone, etc? 

I connect with either a laptop or workstation. Mostly use firefox but chrome gives the same result.

Am I the only member with no idea how to post or reply to this new board????? I will hang around until I can figure it out somehow....

Fred, I'm afraid that you are going to have to learn how the new board works by browsing around and just clicking on things to see what they do.  I think you will find many improvements!  :yay:

You are so right Steve and I am clicking on things to see what happens but my little memory is so short and so I jot things down then can't find them..... It will take me some time as a survivor and old now as my mind or memory is bad too....

Hang in there, buddy!  You have always been the message board's top poster and are one of its eldest members.  You and Deigh are both inspiring!   :thumbup:

I should mention that I can sympathize with your memory frustrations.  Just this past year my long-term memory got bad.  My short-term memory became much worse.  Getting old sucks!  :angry:

Yep Exclamation Point Smiley Face, Emoticon Steve!!   I'm still waiting for the "getting wiser" part that's supposed to go along with aging, no luck so far for me!!

Re: finding new PM's, I just discovered that mine can now be found when I press the three line symbol (the symbol at the far right, don't know what it's called) at top of page!  Woohoo Jumping Up Smiley Face, Emoticon

18 minutes ago, Linnie said:

Re: finding new PM's, I just discovered that mine can now be found when I press the three line symbol (the symbol at the far right, don't know what it's called) at top of page! 

Hmmm, three line symbol at top of page?  Can you show me a screenshot of what it looks like, please? 

Sorry, Steve, tried to get a Screen Shot; used to know how to do that; can I try again tomorrow?  Thanks  Good Night To You Smiley Face, Emoticon

18 minutes ago, Linnie said:

Sorry, Steve, tried to get a Screen Shot; used to know how to do that; can I try again tomorrow?  Thanks 

Yes, now I'm curious!  :bubble:

Fred, I'm so glad you are soldiering on...I am in no way computer literate, but the more I use the new site the more I like it!