•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

SassyBetsy

Slow talking

31 posts in this topic

Ok so now I just stop. I say sorry my mind is racing faster than my mouth so let me begin again. Hoorah

My wife is of the opinion that I have some idea what the dialog is on the TV. I get about 1 word in 4, it drives her crazy when she comes into the room and I have the news on with no sound. I leave the sound on during movies, series, etc for her benefit, but I really just pay attention to the screen. If she isn't home I turn the sound off it is less confusing.

what about close captioning.

I tried that but it confuses me, I have two things happening at the same time, sort of like some magazines, I just look at the pictures. BTW, those are my woodworking magazines. :rflol:

I do get it. I must read foreign ones and I miss watching the faces.

I go to a community film society once a month, and they always screen with the subtitles on as a number of the audience have hearing difficulties.  I hate it as I find myself reading the words even though I can hear quite well and it means I miss some of the visual stuff.  But I also hate it when the subtitles leave out stuff or change the words from what is actually spoken.  I thought my multitasking had recovered but on film night I sometimes end up wondering.