•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

ken27

CPS MOVING AROUND MY BODY

14 posts in this topic

My CPS moves all over my left side. I is always in my foot and ankle and hand but now it is sometimes in my chest, neck, elbow, face, head and leg. It is strange but it hurts at first I thought it was stiffness but there is pain. Has anyone had cps move around there effective side.

Mine is mainly in my right arm full time but also flares on my right leg and right side of my face. Cold as in below 77F is an almost instant trigger but sometimes it just wants to make sure I'm paying attention and flares for no specific reason. My torso from nipple to navel has little or no sensation. When everything is full on, it is a strange situation with that missing midsection between 2 painful areas.

My CPS used to be just in my legs but it has spread to my chest.  I have quadriplegia, though.  There is little good about having quadriplegia except that I'm perfectly still most of the time so my CPS doesn't bother me.  I really feel for you guys who have to walk and are constantly in pain! 

77F is an almost instant trigger

:sad:BTW, 75 degrees is my comfort temperature. 

Exercise makes other areas hurt too and my cold hand hurts when used more but mostly that darn leg is problematic.

I am sorry ken that is awful to have more areas.

When I woke up today the left side of my face hurt. It felt like my skin was going to peal off the left side of my face, when I got up and dragged my left leg around, then stretched the pain in my face went away. Of course I have pain in my left leg, calf and foot, the farther down my leg the more pain there is and the heavier it feel. While typing this I am having sharp pain in my left rips, crazy.  When I workout it seams to calm down my cps with the pain going to my left foot and hand for 3or 4 days. I worked out Monday so my cps is moving around today, time to go to the gym and workout. 

After I work out I am moving better and am able to do more things but I have side effects. When I workout hard it is tuff to talk, this is not from being tired but the left side of my face is on fire and it is hard to move my mouth. This last for only a couple of minutes then it goes away. However, when I walk up the stairs to my bedroom my cps seems to go from my legs to my head by the time I get up the stairs. This is very strange does anyone else have this happen. When you walk do you ever have cps or muscle tightening go through your body to your head. When I stop I return to my normal self. This is very hard to explain I hope you can understand what I am saying. 

;I get this muscle spasm feeling that I experienceWhen I awake that shudders head  to toe

wow Ken I am sorry it seems to be all over. Glad a workout makesit better. I wissh I could exercise more. I walk. I do a few things they gave but my leg hurts more from exercise. I need a class to coach me but I would never keep up. 

I wonder if the nerve bundles are connnected and your pain runs down along them.When I hurt my arm then my neck and up side of my head hurt. I was told the nerve ran from head down to fingers and so it all felt bad even back muscles. So it makes sense to me that CPS could travel. Does not sound pleasant..

Face pain must be horrific.I know the pain but not the location.   What helps face pain?

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I get the right side face pain, the icy-fire. It tends to occur when the AC hits my face, that is an immediate trigger. The rest of my right side has variable occurrences with the thigh and forearm often being the worst. Nortriptyline helps with the someone is cutting the muscle away from the bone pain, very intense. The ice-fire is mostly steady state and nothing seems to do much for that, you just learn to push it out of your awareness...

I took SNRI and nothing.No relief but I felt an uncomfortable numbness inside. I have stabbing burning pain. And That Describes it perfectly...muscle cut from the bone. Different pain at different times.I need another spinal thing. 

That sounds so awful, I would go insane if I got it that bad.

I get a CPS burning stabbing pain on the right side of my numb head on my face. The pain only lasts 15-20 seconds but it's brutal when I get it. It's definitely a burning stabbing pain. I feel it around my mouth, my nose and eye. When I get it I need to reach for it and try and massage the specific area which seems to help a bit. This just stated literally less than 2 weeks ago, 4 months after my stroke.

Has anyone had these pains and they went away over time? I know they generally don't go away but I'm wondering if any experiences them and years later they're gone.

Last night laying in bed I had my left leg bent and got a spasm in the left leg which is my numb side. It felt like a bolt of lightening shot through my leg.

Has anyone experienced pains in their affected areas and experienced some changes where they can use a limb more or it regains some feeling. I know it's rare to regain feeling. I have heard of stroke survivors feeling a tingling or pain which sometimes means it's actually healing.

This is what is frustrating. Friends and family think over time I'll be back to normal 100% but that's most likely not going to happen. People are misinformed and not knowledgeable about these facts.

I found for me that those electric like jolts were often precursors to regaining some function. The doctor told me it was neural pathways finding a way to work. Never got any feeling back but some varying degrees of function came back,. It wasn't a quick restoral. Hoping it is the same for you.

Interesting scottm. Well, I have full use of all my limbs thankfully.  It's the lack of sensation that is one of my issues. I almost feel like I may be getting a slight sense of feeling in parts of my left arm and hand. It's hard to tell but I could swear I either am able to feel slight hot and cold in my palm, fingertips and inside my elbow and wrist. Either that or I am able to distinguish between what's hot or cold now.

A therapist told me she thought tingling returning to an otherwise numb limb or part of the body may be a positive sign for regaining some sensation back. I've had pins and needles in my face ever since I had the stroke or a few weeks after..

You just never know what you'll get. My PCP put it very simply once, The human nervous system and brain are strange and wondrous things because they were made by unicorns. We both laughed that day.

Ha funny.

Well I'm not starting to get weird prickly burning pain on the side of my head now (the side that is numb) not just the face. But my wife placed her cold hand on my cheek and I could feel a little cold. Maybe not 100% but now I don't recall if my cheek was completely numb or just partial.

But like I said I think I can feel a little cold in certain areas of my left arm. My wife grabbed me on the inside of my left arm a few minutes ago with her ice cold hand and I could feel slight cold. Again not sure if I actually feel cold or are getting used to what cold and hot feel like on my numb side.