•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

:bouncing-for-joy:

My gosh...some really honest answers.

Thank you.

We may want different 'one things', but the act of sharing here unites us.

I've thought about this, and I keep going back to having 'normal' vision again. 3.gif

oh my dear linnie you are so very important to me and all on here are my lifeline always. You are so right we want so much more back. all of it. a do over in life.  but alas the biggest success will be acceptance that we must go on with what is now. But I aways look and think selfishly that others have better than I do ya know and forget their losses are sometimes terrible to bear too. It is emotional. too much sometimes. to cry. to open pandoras box. but we have each other here thank heavens to show eachother how to do this. sometimes it is so hard but I remember one of you guys and I become stronger. thank you

The use of my paralyzed hand. I think that is important to me because everything I enjoyed doing required two hands. I would be able to go back to work. I could quilt, I could garden, I could bake, I could do crafts, I could design, I could draw, I could create, I could dress myself, I could do my hair, I could pick flowers, I could go places and take care of myself. This would allow me to have my identity back, my self worth. On the other hand I have come out of my shell since I've come out of my comfort zone. I don't have as much impulse control and that has allowed me to not hold back and just be who I am. In some sense I am more ME than who I was before. I don't worry about what people think of me. It's easier to be honest with myself and with life. It's easier for me to say 'I care about you' and thank you for being my friend. I've gained perspective. But having my hand back would be the icing on the cake. I could and would do so much more than I used to do. I would appreciate my gifts and blessings more. I would clap, and hug, and hold hands.

7 hours ago, Pearls said:

The use of my paralyzed hand. I think that is important to me because everything I enjoyed doing required two hands. I would be able to go back to work. I could quilt, I could garden, I could bake, I could do crafts, I could design, I could draw, I could create, I could dress myself, I could do my hair, I could pick flowers, I could go places and take care of myself. This would allow me to have my identity back, my self worth.  I would clap, and hug, and hold hands.

Same here Pearls -- all the above plus the last sentence is a biggy!!

Snap, Pearls.

I would dearly love the use of my hand back.

I'm not bad at some things one handed...but that list is very small!!

There was a period of a week or two, after my first stroke, when I secretly feared I no longer had enough sensation to orgasm, and for all I know maybe it was (temporarily) true.  It became a rather moot point as my wife went blind and eventually passed away, but I'm sure it would have affected my view of myself.

Now I'm arranging to retire, so Self Worth is still up for grabs...