•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

2ndChance

The divorce is finally here

Well, it finally happened,  14 years after my stroke he came home and told me he's fallen in love with a woman he met in a bar two weeks earlier.  He refuses to leave the house but spends the night with her, coming home between 3-10am. He asked me to take the cats and leave.  I told him he had to choose but he won't give her up.  Nor would he file for divorce.  So he has forced me to file for divorce. It's only been 3 weeks and I'm already $20,000 in.  I'm miserable and just want to die.  He won't talk to me because he says I'm too emotional about it.  He has no desire for reconciliation.  He indicates it is all my fault because of my emotional lability after the stroke.  I've tried every antidepressant on the market but they gave me hot flashes and made me suicidal. 

He refused to have children and I am an only child so once my elderly parents die I will be utterly alone in the world.  I only had 1 friend before the stroke but she's 3,000 miles away. I came for the chat room but I missed it because I can't even figure out what the hell time zone I am in  and I certainly can't count backwards from Eastern time zone.

I'm a mess and spiraling fast.

I THINK THAT IT MAY BE A GOOD IDEA FOR YOU TO SEE A THERAPIST OR COUNSELOR, IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE ONE. YOU HAVE A LOT GOING ON RIGHT NOW, AND YOU NEED TO HAVE SOMEONE HELP YOU SORT IT ALL OUT.   BECKY

I am shocked but don't count your self out, have you talked to your in laws or have they picked sides. This place will help you out and things will get easier

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Ed 

Many hugs, I hadn't seen your topic before, and my heart goes out to you.  Without a good support network, it must be very difficult.  As Ed mentioned, it's true....it will get easier as time goes by.  Let us know how you're doing, we're here for you!  

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:23 PM, 2ndChance said:

Well, it finally happened,  14 years after my stroke he came home and told me he's fallen in love with a woman he met in a bar two weeks earlier.  He refuses to leave the house but spends the night with her, coming home between 3-10am. He asked me to take the cats and leave.  I told him he had to choose but he won't give her up.  Nor would he file for divorce.  So he has forced me to file for divorce. It's only been 3 weeks and I'm already $20,000 in.  I'm miserable and just want to die.  He won't talk to me because he says I'm too emotional about it.  He has no desire for reconciliation.  He indicates it is all my fault because of my emotional lability after the stroke.  I've tried every antidepressant on the market but they gave me hot flashes and made me suicidal. 

He refused to have children and I am an only child so once my elderly parents die I will be utterly alone in the world.  I only had 1 friend before the stroke but she's 3,000 miles away. I came for the chat room but I missed it because I can't even figure out what the hell time zone I am in  and I certainly can't count backwards from Eastern time zone.

I'm a mess and spiraling fast.

any update on divorce?