•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

Jode

RAPAEL smart glove

Jode   

I had a stroke 9 years ago.  I get botox in my right arm every 4 months however, I found this awesome device!!!  You can use it free for 10 days - 2 weeks to see if it works for you!!  And, you don't have to get a doctor's note to use RAPAEL.  :smile:

I used it for 4 months but I have a horse at a barn and I didn't use it every day so therefore, I cancelled it.  However, it worked for me!!  I have a clenched hand, meaning that I can't open it, until I get botox.  But RAPAEL helped to get it to open more.  However, I didn't use it for long, but I know, it worked for me.  I'm too busy during the day to use it...horse, working out, etc.  And the cost...but you can use it to write off your medical expenses for your IRS.

bella   

Wow.  This sounds really promising.  My hand has been in a fist(no function at all) for 17 years since my stroke at age 39.  Botox didn't seem to do anything though.  I'll look into this though.  So cool that you have a horse.  I have done Equine Therapy and it really helped.  Hope to do it again this summer.  Are you on Face Book?  There are some good support groups on there too.  I've connmected with other survivors there too.  So helpful.  StrokeNet is great.  I wish you all the best.  And thanks for the tip!

~Beth

Penny   

I THINK THIS SOUNDS REALLY GOOD, I DID A TRIAL ON THE SAEBO GLOVE BUT FOUND IT TOO HARD TO PUT ON SO I RETURNED IT, IT GAVE A TWO WEEK TRIAL BUT MY HAND IS TOO CLENCHED FOR IT TO BE APPROPRIATE, IS THIS GLOVE EASY TO PUT ON WHEN YOUR HAND IS ONLY SLIGHTLY OPENED?  I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE IT A TRY.

I HAD TO HAVE MY OLD HORSE PUT DOWN 4 YEARS AGO COME OCTOBER HE WAS ALMOST 31, ENDED UP BEING MY THERAPY HORSE AFTER SHOWING HIM FOR YEARS PRIOR TO MY STROKE. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU, THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS I HAD NOT HEARD OF THIS BEFORE. PENNY

Penny   

Jode,

how did you find out about this glove? I have been trying to contact the company but my e mail was returned. Were you able to get it on your hand easily? Please let me know thanks Penny. You and I have a lot in common I had horses up until 4 years ago I trail rode and competed in dressage, loved my horses and really miss them.

Penny   

Jode,

I am supposed to talk to a rep today about this glove, wonder if it's worth it for myself, you sound a lot like me in that you keep busy with just living life. 

I am not sure that I would be a good candidate for this especially if it involves sitting in front of a computer for hours, not my cup of tea, but if it helped you in some respect I would like to know how much it helped? I am thinking not enough for you to keep trying for you would rather ride your horse and enjoy your life that would be me. 

I hope you get this message and get back to me about this, we are all in this together right, thanks Penny