•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

ksmith

Losing our mission

Hi everybody.

I wanted to remind everyone again why we are here... The Stroke Network..

Doing mindful games and puzzles are shown to help in recovery after a brain attack, of any kind. I'm so happy that so many of you participate in playing the word games. I wanted to remind you of why so many people find help with coming to our message boards. People sharing their daily struggles with strokes and finding a connection with other stroke survivors . We have many people who don't post but read the boards everyday and I would like to ask if we all can find a happy balance between games and true stroke related conversations. I, also, like to forget the fact I had a stroke however there are many folks that aren't there yet and are trying to find meaningful topics to help them manage their life.

I'm not asking people to take their happiness off here but just to remember why you came here in the first place

thank you :) :2thumbs:

Benni   

I'll never forget why I'm here. This site has been a godsend for me. But I do love a little diversion from exercises, doc appointments, lab tests, etc. The games give a bit of uplifting enjoyment interacting more often with others.

they are horrible aren't they.. doctors.. the only good thing is Lunch :lol:

I added the games to give everyone a little break from the drudgery of living with a stroke. :bye:

I think games are a big part of recovery in helping. I never said I didn't agree with the games the only thing I was noticing was when you refresh the topics, you only saw the games and we have people who just come to read all highs and lows of recovery and I'd hate for therm to ONLY see the games in their feeds. I just wanted a balance of games and actual topics.. that's all :) :wink:

Benni   

But they shouldn't see them in their email/feeds unless they participate in those topics or games. Right? I've been a member of many different forums through the years and never got notifications unless I had been part of that discussion/topic/game.

As long as they don't follow the games they shouldn't be getting emails.

Benni   

True, and if you are getting them anyway, you can tick Notifications (top right) to "don't send notifications". You'll have to do it on each games page.

I've got to admit that I never use the email notifications, just one more email. I just check in a few times a day and see if there is anything new on the top of the list. I've never been a game person myself, but more power to those who enjoy it.

It's not like the Games are not clearly labeled as such, if you're not interested just ignore them.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:30 AM, heathber said:

It's not like the Games are not clearly labeled as such, if you're not interested just ignore them.

I think you don't understand Kelli's concern.  Her perspective is as the Stroke Support Coordinator.  The mission of The Stroke Network is to provide on-line stroke support.  Part of her responsibility is the content of this message board.  Kelli's concern isn't just hers.  It's mine and other members.  The games were fun for a while but I think it's time to get back to why we are here. 

Sorry for causing such a problem. 

Benni   

I didn't know I was going to create such a stir in trying to give us some fun in our days. I've never been on a forum where you have a feed. Usually games are set in a separate topic folder. If someone wants to play, they go to that topic and play. If they don't, they don't go to view that topic.