•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

SassyBetsy

Alien Touch

5 posts in this topic

Tomorrow is the third one. The other two helped my pain. The one in December enabled me to go on a weekend roadtrip holiday and my family said to me that I never could have done all that it took to go and enjoy it. I still took the medication cocktail regime that I am on which has worked since I started Opana. I take lyrica 600 mg per day broken into 200 mg 3x daily. And a long acting 12 hr slow release oxymorphone With immediate release pain killer oxycodone for the break through pain so I take it regularly.This works. Finally found a way to live!

I Wrote this before I had it . I can tolerate touch since it does not feel like a burn now but a foot massage is uncomfortable no pleasure in it. Now both feet feel like alien feet or aliens are touching me now and this is the price of having less pain in my leg

Sassy,

I'm very glad to hear they finally have a good pain control protocol working for you. I know what you mean about the alien touch. When the pain is low and sometimes the wife will try to rub the spasms out, the touch can feel distant and disconnected because of the reduced sensation. It produces a mental conflict to have both pain and reduced touch sensation at the same time. But, we overcome because we must. So glad to hear about your relief.

Excellent!  I'm really happy that you found a way to manage your pain.  Very few truly can empathize with the pain we live with.  Any type of pain is a horrible thing to have and when you finally figure out how to manage it is a good day!  :happy-dance:

Thank you,because being understood is truly a gift to me, and I hope it helps someone else just like your story helps me!

I have always said that you are a truly inspirational woman who i admire for all you have had to go through. I know there are many folks out there that have had a similar journey. You will help so many. May I put a brief story about you on Facebook? I'll write it and send it to you to approve it :) :4th-of-july: