•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

raysrightside

Gotta ride...

7 posts in this topic

But my right foot doesn't cooperate consistently. The problem isn't putting foot down and supporting the weight of the motorcycle, it's lifting my foot off the floorboard to put it on the pavement. Current solution is to work my foot off the floorboard well in advance of a stop and let foot hang until I need to put it down.  Emergency stops is what bothers me. Will the errant foot move, or not. Don't want to be humpty dumpty on a hog. Or more likely on the road.

So this spring I found a classic sidecar. Read "classic" as old, circa late 60's early 70's. But I liked the body and more importantly,  had a nice big open cockpit for my doggie. Worked on it a little here and there, and finally it's on the bike. I say a little because a couple hours of sitting on a low stool and wrenching is about my limit. Then there is the requisite recovery day, or three, to look forward to. Finally, it's ready for a test drive. Going to wait for the weekend, probably early morning, no traffic...wish me luck.

Excellent, good luck, enjoy the ride and be safe.

Hi Ray, excited and scared for you!!  Let us know how it goes, ok?  BTW, you called it a "hog" so I'm assuming you're riding a Harley Davidson.... :you-rock:

GOOD LUCK!!!!!   :you-rock:   BECKY

Success!!! Both with the installation, and the test ride. Except for the welding (had it done by a certified structural welder friend) I did the whole install job myself. Pretty happy and proud of myself right now. If only I could reach around and pat myself on the back. I really miss scratching my back too. Thanks for the good luck wishes, I'm sure they helped for a safe and successful sidecar foray. Next project, train doggie to go for a ride in it. Keep the luck coming.

:bravo:  You deserve to be proud!

Awesome!!!

Glad the pooch is getting to go with you.

My dog loves coming with my on Henry!