•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

Deigh

EarthPulse PEMF Therapy

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone any experience of EarthPulse PEMF Therapy Devices? I have been reading some long winded advertising about it and wonder if it is worth a try to strengthen my mouth muscles and improve my talking ability. It is a bit expensive but if it works I'm prepared to purchase a set.

Deigh     :hmmmm:

Hi Deigh, I'd be wary of this. I have no concrete experience but it sounds like seriously wishy washy science, at best.  Mind you I have been involved in TMS experiments and I thought that was helpful, although I've no idea if I was in the real or placebo group.  My improvements could just as easily have come from the regular therapy/exercise that accompanied the TMS sessions.

-Heather

Just looked up TMS and found that is pretty close to PEMF! 

One of the problems the stroke has left me is a failure to handle a mass of words. Faced with a short message I am OK, but if I see a page of a book I sort of panic and end up not reading enough to understand. It is probably the fear of overstimulation! and adverts for products like PEMF love lots of words. 

My fear is similiar to the situation if I find myself in crowds. I think this is called Agraphobia, my problem I shall call  Lexaphobia!

Deigh        :sorry:

Hi Deigh,

Same as Heather, I'd be wary of trying this expensive treatment without checking with a health professional first to learn if it's a valid treatment or a hoax.  IMO, "long winded advertising" yells HOAX; otherwise, health practitioners would already have mentioned to you this possibility of treatment.  Just saying....

Best of luck!  :smile:

No, I'm convinced it has some value healthwise but it seems mainly to affect one's mental state like tension and stress. It also appears to improve one's sleep. I am looking for something to improve my jaw muscles and I see no help there.

Deigh