•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

norab

joint stiffness

4 posts in this topic

anybody have increasing shoulder. knee, and elbow stiffness on their affected side despite regular stretching?

what else has addressed this?

thank you for your replies.

I don't know that mine has increased. It just hasn't gone away or loosened up, even with daily exercise. I'm talking about shoulder and elbow. My knee has never stiffened up.

That "stiffening up" is probably tone. There are exercises for it, muscle relaxers sometimes help, and Botox. Some people find relief by using electro-stimulation ( a tens unit) on it.  One of the best things that you can do for it is to move affected areas around periodically to keep them from getting so stiff that they become painful to move.  just doing general exercises or stretches may help some, but you want to target specific areas that bother you. Remember doing ROM exercises?  Try doing those on bothersome areas several times a day. Or just move affected areas around every way that you can. These toned areas of your body are often cold-sensitive. I was reminded of this recently when I was shopping on-line and saw wool socks for sale. I'm not usually an impulse-shopper, but those sounded so warm, I just bought them , without really thinking about it. My feet and hands fall victim  to the cold first. But, your reaction  may be entirely different. BECKY

9 hours ago, becky1 said:

That "stiffening up" is probably tone.  Remember doing ROM exercises?  BECKY

I know it's tone for sure. I do Range Of Motion exercises daily so it won't get worse. It does help!