•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

scottm

Irma, I'm not sure how I'll do

We are riding it out at home. I'm not worried about the house. The problem is how do I take care of my wife and make her feel safe when I'm fighting over stimulation and all the issues that can cause. Do I just allow the bat s%&#   crazy to show or just push it all down? 

I suspect it will be difficult to fake my own confidence but I guess that is the way it's going to proceed. I'll keep you posted. 

I am watching on the news and it is currently hitting the Keys.  I hope that you, your family and your household is fine from this storm.  Have your ear plugs ready as the sounds are going to be horrible as I am watching the news. Hope that neighbors can also help.

As we both suffer from effects of over stimulation (sounds, visual, visual-depth), I recently found a temporary solution. My new Neurologist put me on a short trial of prescribed Adderall for brainstem vertigo.  It works remarkably well in controlling not only my vision induced vertigo but also the effects of over stimulation in the most challenging environments.  I do not consider it as a permanent treatment as it has side effects and potential for substance abuse but it gives me confidence in worst scenario when I need to take it.

Hi Scott, here in Canada we're seeing Hurricane Irma hit Florida.  Hope everything is ok.  

Fingers Are Crossed Smiley Face, Emoticon    

Hi, Scott, Hope all is well...or, as well as it can be. Keep us posted.   Becky

Benni   

Keep safe, Scot! From the photos I've seen, online, it's ghastly!!

Unfortunately, Scott is probably without power.  His location could be in a flooded area, too.  It might be a while before we hear from him again.  I'm really concerned for him.  You are in my prayers, buddy!  :yikes:

I know my son who lives outside of Daytona Beach, lost power on and off and had minor flooding and the meteorologist were saying last night how most of the storm surge wasn't as bad but some lower lined places.. I'm sure he's good.. :humming:

We are fine. Got through it with minor damage, fence panels down and the big oak tree in the front of the house trimmed. Cats were scared as were we but we fared better than many. Some of our friends lost everything in the floods to the south. I admit that the sound was very disorienting and caused me some problems. Lost power for 2 days and lived on a generator. 

Good news, Scott.  I had wondered what part of Florida you lived in....on the news here it was saying southern Florida was hit really hard, but the hurricane was lessening some (still a hurricane though!) as it moved further into the state.

Lots of fund raising, which is super great!  :smile:

12 hours ago, scottm said:

We are fine. Got through it with minor damage, fence panels down and the big oak tree in the front of the house trimmed. Cats were scared as were we but we fared better than many. Some of our friends lost everything in the floods to the south. I admit that the sound was very disorienting and caused me some problems. Lost power for 2 days and lived on a generator. 

you are among the few who have power now. Thank goodness everything was alright

THAT'S GREAT NEWS! So glad you had a generator! That's probably a big help.   Becky