•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

So I got the sidecar so I don't have to take my weak foot off the floorboard. Finally back on the hog. Sidecar needed a brake installed so bike went in to the shop. Finally got it back last week, time to take the doggie for a ride. She loved it and now whenever I start up the bike, she barks and gets all wound up. Someone please give me instructions on the easiest way to post photos from my phone. There used to be such an option on here, but I can't access it.

Challenge now is getting on the bike. Since I can no longer straddle the bike from the right side (sidecar is in the way), I have to get on from the left and swing my weak right leg over the seat. Not as easy as it sounds when you can only lift the leg two feet with great effort. Have to lift leg with my hand over the seat and basically collapse onto the seat. Not a graceful process, but gets the job done. Was easier to train the dog to jump in the sidecar and ride along. Spent the weekend tooling around town and posing for pictures. Apparently everyone loves a dog in a sidecar.

That sounds great Ray, I hope you have goggles for the dog. Their eyes are very vulnerable on the bike. Don't worry about graceful so long as you get there. you will get more graceful the more you work on it. At least with the side car you don't have to worry about dropping the bike and not being able to pick it up again.

Before my husband and I were married, he had a Great Dane who loved to go 4-wheeling. So, our "dates" consisted of hubby-to-be sitting in front, driving, me behind, and, bringing up the rear was a large, black GD. He liked to curl up in as small of a ball as he could,  and go to sleep! When awake, he'd stay where he was, with his nose twitching every which way as he smelled the unfamiliar odors of the WV mountains. I don't know who had more  fun-us, or the dog. LOL! Some of the most memorable times of my life. All of this to say that having a dog with you can enhance your trips, and possibly add more to it than anything else could.    Happy Trails, Becky

14 hours ago, heathber said:

That sounds great Ray, I hope you have goggles for the dog. Their eyes are very vulnerable on the bike. Don't worry about graceful so long as you get there. you will get more graceful the more you work on it. At least with the side car you don't have to worry about dropping the bike and not being able to pick it up again.

Goggles, check. Already figuring new ways to fold my leg over the seat. As an aside, when I had the stroke and quit riding, gas here was about $4.50/gal. Pleasantly surprised to fill up the bike for a total of $10.75. Yahoo!

Happy for you (and the dog)...Live Free and Ride, Ray!!!  :you-rock:

On 10/8/2017 at 6:53 PM, raysrightside said:

Someone please give me instructions on the easiest way to post photos from my phone. There used to be such an option on here, but I can't access it.

Hi Ray, finally getting back to you about your question.  (I'd love to see the photos!)  

I did what I always do, I asked Kelli (my hero!).  Kelli responded quickly, but I've been kinda busy.  

Her advice is to go to http://www.strokeboard.net/index.php?/advanced_help.html/gallery/ for instructions.

Hope this helps, and I'm really sorry about the delay.  :oh:

Thanks Lin, was able to upload directly from phone as a guest but when I tried to do it in a member gallery that option disappeared. What am I missing here...

Ray, sorry (Canadian SORRY!) but I think you already know my answer....ask KelliYep Exclamation Point Smiley Face, Emoticon.  She's so helpful, her and Steve have given me a great deal of help with different issues on this site!  I Worship You Smiley Face, Emoticon  Now, I'm going to look at your photos, yay!

Edit:  Soooo cool!!  But can't leave comments on the photos, another thing to ask Kelli about...e.g. "Does that happen only when you submit photos as a guest?"  

Are you going to PM Kelli?  Hope so!

Doggie got used to riding in the sidecar last Wednesday morning. She only tried to jump out when we stopped at an intersection during her first ride. When she figured that the sidecar takes her to the dog park, she was all in. Just when she was getting really comfortable in it, I took it off to get it painted. Now she runs up to the bike and wonders, "Where do I sit?" Hope it gets done soon.

I am so impressed with this. I gave up on graceful a long time ago. LOL How do you maintain your balance while driving? Are you one handed or two handed? If you could find a soft travel bag for your dog that zipped up and he could still see out of that would take care of him jumping out unexpectedly and would be safer for both of you. Please post more photos. This would be a great book.  I'd buy it.