•  

Correct forum?

Before you post, please ask yourself this question, "Is this the correct forum"?  Please read the forum description before posting. 

scottm

Time for the next medication trial

Lomotrigine wasn't doing anything at all so we spent the last 3 weeks weaning off it. The neuro has prescribed 30 mg of Cymbalta once a day and call him in 3 weeks with any results. This reset to zero and start all over is frustrating at times, like 5 am when you wake up because one side of your body has that numb/pain/shock sensation. I can do 3 weeks standing on my head at this point or is it standing on my pointy head. :huh:

Eeek.. was the numbing feeling a normal side effect? It sounds scary

Kelli,

The numb/pain/shock all happen together, hard to explain the sensation but that is my normal state on my right side. A lot of the damage done was in my thalmic area which is where we process sensation. It's like that puppy that follows you around quietly then starts barking at nothing just because it can. I have a doctor who is working with me now so tomorrow looks brighter.

My heart is heavy reading that. I wish you the best. I love puppies but not if they keep humping my leg.. Nuisance Image result for i'm sorry emojiImage result for Better Hope You Have a Day Funny

My pain is from brain stem area, not thalmic...which stumps them...and they think thalmic area must be involved......then say nope.... parasympathetic stuff....my pain is burn stab ache num zingzapp on right leg.  Without meds I howl scream cry beg swear....

with meds it is reduced 50%.

without spinal I do not walk much.

with spinal, I go on vacations.

Keep trying...you will find what gives you quality of life again.

Investigate....perhaps meds only can give limited relief...see what else...

yes it is scary and hard... but one day you will find some freedom from this pain.

I know how this is.

SNRI did not help me.

so I did these spinals...last resort.

I may do pump like Steve someday.

18 hours ago, ksmith said:

I love puppies but not if they keep humping my leg.. Nuisance

You just ain't right. :lol:

LOL  That was 100% Cute Smiley Smiley Face, Emoticon, Kelli!  Good luck with new med, Scott.