•  

tmciriani

I'm ok...just been away for a while

Hi all my friends and new people who have joined. It's been a long while since I messaged here and a lot has changed. Just been a bit down lately worrying about my disability case and my daughter and just a bit blah.. I got my 2nd denial letter for disability last month and am now waiting for a hearing which my lawyer told me today may take 12-14 months. I am now almost 2years out from beginning the application and I just get tired of thinking about it. My daughter has had a reoccurance of her anxiety with panic attacks since starting her new job. She hasn't had a panic attack since she was 16 and now at 21 she is having them each week and missing work and worrying about her job. YTou know how us moms worry about our children. I feel so helpless to do anything for her but I can be a good ear and encourage her. I have missed speaking with everyone and hopefully i will get this blah feeling past me soon and get back more often. I hope all of you are doing well! Thank you all.

Tracy

Tracy, glad to see you returned but sorry your case is Image result for poop emoji a poopy head. This is ridiculous. I'm terribly sorry. Your daughter may be having separation anxiety, not only from moving out but knowing her mom is upset.

Untitled-1.jpg I send her Unicorn love. xxo

Tracy, Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you're hanging in there. Sorry about the Disability and your daughter's anxiety, though.  Hang n there.       Becky

Tracy you just keep hanging in there. The blas don’t last as long as they used to with me. So maybe they won’t with you either. 

A lot has happened in my life as well. 

Tracy :

I am sorry your disability claim is taking such a long time, but it is genuine disabilty so don't worry whenever they approve you will get everything & won't loose anything. Another thing maybe your daughter is going through her job anxiety of thinking she might not be good enough for job or don't know anything at work. I have two piece of motherly advice for both of you. first one applies to both of you recite serenity prayer "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change. Courage to change the things I can & Wisdom to know the difference". Second one for your daughter they have hired her there so she belongs there. & If she feels she does not know something then ask questions to coworkers, someone  will help out. whenever we step out of our comfort zone we grow mentally spiritually every way. praying for positive outcome for both of you.

Asha

Hi, tell her to do what I mentor all my team members, at least when I was a manager, "Fake it until you make it!"

I had a set of basic rules I made sure all knew I was working by.  One was " don't kick if I correct you.  If I correct you I think that you have more potential.  If I ignore you, you aren't worth correcting." ......

That is a part of my job I truly miss.  I really enjoyed mentoring, training, and preparing them to be able to take on more responsibility and eventually a promotion.  Maybe that will come back sometime.

Hi, I know it's been a few months since you wrote your original post, but I wanted to comment since you're still probably waiting on your disability hearing.

I just filed my first Social Security appeal a few months ago and am waiting to hear from them.  In the meantime, my sister (she's been sending me money each month to live on) is starting to wear thin about helping me, so I can understand the feelings you may be having about the whole SS thing.  Part of me wants to scream because they're being so unreasonable (I have a legitimate disability, but they're just dinking around and taking their own sweet time getting me started on monthly payments; they'll pay a big back payment once they get me started, but I can't "back" my living expenses for a couple of years until they get around to it).  The other part of me says, "Stop. Think about what you know to be true."  I don't know how you feel about God, but as a Christian, he is my lifeline for things like this.  I know he has me firmly in his hand, and that no matter what life throws at me, he has a plan to bring something good out of that thing, which means I'll be better off after the awful thing than I was before it; I will have gained something good because of it.  It's not my job to bang my head on the wall of the situation's resistance to my will; it's my job to remind myself to relax and trust God to bring all the pieces together.  I just need to do whatever is set before me (fill out papers, etc.), and God will take care of the rest.  Believing that now (because I've seen him do it before in my life) allows me to rise above whatever is happening and wait patiently for the outcome - the outcome that will always have my good at heart.

Hope that's encouraging to you - keep hanging in there!

1 hour ago, cons2g said:

The other part of me says, "Stop. Think about what you know to be true."  I don't know how you feel about God, but as a Christian, he is my lifeline for things like this.  I know he has me firmly in his hand, and that no matter what life throws at me, he has a plan to bring something good out of that thing, which means I'll be better off after the awful thing than I was before it; I will have gained something good because of it.  It's not my job to bang my head on the wall of the situation's resistance to my will; it's my job to remind myself to relax and trust God to bring all the pieces together.  I just need to do whatever is set before me (fill out papers, etc.), and God will take care of the rest.  Believing that now (because I've seen him do it before in my life) allows me to rise above whatever is happening and wait patiently for the outcome - the outcome that will always have my good at heart.

Excellent advice!  That is exactly how I feel!  Also, I learned that 2Cor 4:18 tells you all you need to know.  

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.  2Cor 4:18

Thank you both for your words of wisdom. It just so happens that a family friend just invited to go to church with her just yesterday. I have always been a spiritual person but it has been a really long time since I have been to church. It's been a long time since I really brought my "stuff" to God. Thank you.

I for one missed you, I'm glad to see you back and hope all those other things resolve themselves quickly.

Tracy, it’s been a while.

How is your daughter?

Hopefully the Social Security side has been sorted as well.