•  

scottm

Update on my CPS

You've all been my best supporters through this and kept lifting me up when every trial didn't work and I got frustrated. Well, this trial with Cymbalta (duluxatine) has worked. 30 mg in the morning and I have a 25-30% reduction in the pain. I initially called the neurologist after 3 weeks and told him no effect, he said give it a couple more weeks, within that period I noticed that the pain was dropping somewhat then wokeup one morning and realized the AC wasn't burning my skin. To be sure I still feel it but the difference between a 7/8 and 4/5 on the pain scale is much more tolerable.

Thanks to you all for the support and putting up with me through this.

That's wonderful news, Scott!!

Great News. Over time + your new PT regimen, hopefully further improvements. There are differences between good and bad MDs and looks like u found a good one. Makes all difference in the world

My CPS continued to improve after my last update and plateaued a couple weeks ago. It is mostly an annoying little urchin that follows me around but I can ignore it quite often. I still feel things like my jeans on my leg as a cool but not painfully cold sensation. My daughter in law introduced me to scrubs which are great for reducing that touch sensation.

The pain still does a bit of ambush attacks which can be very intense but it isn't constant like it used to be, I can go as much as a week without it jumping out at me which is all you can really ask for. It remains manageable and tolerable for the most part for now.

There are SOME docs who were born to be docs ( and Thank God for them) Sounds like yours is one of them Glad you finally found some relief   Becky