•  

For my birthday my wife bought me a new Rubicks cube. I had worn out the last one! It should be good exercise for the fingers. Trouble is that I've now forgotten how to do it and have had to start learning all over, and with my present short attention span it could take a while before I get proficient again. I worked it out myself initially  and my system is a bit slow. I am hoping to improve it this time round.

Deigh

I couldn't do those things, even before the stroke!  I'm good at math, spatial relations, patterns, etc., but I just don't have the patience to sit around working it out.  I'm even less patient since the stroke!  I think it's a fatigue problem.

I've been going online to do jigsaw puzzles - for one thing, I don't have room to spread out puzzles in my house, nor do I have the money to keep buying new ones.  I love the website I use because I can select the number of pieces in the puzzle, then display just the frame pieces to put together first.  The pieces all lay out in the direction they fit into the puzzle so I don't have to rotate them and wonder how each piece should go in (though they give the option of making the pieces rotatable).  I can even use photos from my computer, which they'll make into a puzzle for me.  Then, when I'm done, just close the page and it's all cleaned up!  I've learned that I only have the patience to break pictures into about 220 pieces - anything smaller and I start getting frustrated because I can't put the patterns together (not enough patience).  Sometimes I play Solitaire online too, but I get tired of it if I keep losing - can't lose at a jigsaw puzzle! :smile:

I also use computer jigsaws. having the pieces all the right way up helps enormously. I haven't been game to turn on the rotation yet but I do work without the image now. I also like that you can choose how big the pieces are so you can work with more pieces without making them too small to see easily.  The one that I use is called Jigsaws Galore.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:51 AM, heathber said:

I also use computer jigsaws. having the pieces all the right way up helps enormously. I haven't been game to turn on the rotation yet but I do work without the image now. I also like that you can choose how big the pieces are so you can work with more pieces without making them too small to see easily.  The one that I use is called Jigsaws Galore.

I just finished downloading it - thank you!